Who is the person in your family that you look up to most

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir Tokes Alot, Mar 22, 2009.

1. My deceased grandfather is someone I look up to the most. He started out with a little bit of money and by the end of his life was very wealthy, He is an example that you can start from nothing and get to the top. I miss him everyday and just hope he is lookin down at me and hope that he would be proud of the person that I have become. Who do you guys really respect in your family.

2. gotta be my dad, he's set me straight in many situations and i wouldn't be anywhere without him

-mark

3. My Dad, too. His mother died when he was 3, his old man used to beat him, he overcame alcoholism (Sober for 7 years now.) and is the strongest person I know. He's taught me a lot, even though he wasn't around much when I was a kid. When he kicked the sauce, he came back into my life and it's been harmony since. I love the old guy, haha.

4. All I can say is...if you have someone in your family that you can look up to...you are very blessed, indeed. In this disfunctional world we live in today, not all of us are so lucky. I can only hope that my kids look up to me, as I have done the best I could.

5. My dad or cousin....theyre always there

6. BOTH my mother and father.

Through all the bullshit I've put them through they've always been there for me.

My dad always tries to keep me on the straight and narrow no matter how bad I fuck up and hes always there for support.

My mom endures through my fuck ups. It hurts her more then it hurts me, because my trouble never seemed to bother me. It was extremely hard for her to come visit me in jail, but she did it anyways. She's always there for me.. always thinking the best of me, even when she knows i did the worst possible thing in the situation.

It has taken MANY hard times for me to realize how much love and support my family has for me.

7. it used to be my father, but now deffintiely my grandfather. He was born into an immigrant family who had nothing, and he started a family in a duplex when he had nothing, and he managed to start a house contracting company, and now hes loaded. truly rags to riches... i admire his work ethic and wish i had it. Hes over 80 now, and his work ethic still exceeds mine... he even cuts his own grass!!! not because he can't afford to hire someone, but beacuse of the "principle"

8. my mom. real talk ive recently realized the fact my moms been my main role model in my life, ive turned out too nice (or soft if u wanna say that) and i wanna change that. but im happy cuz its made me respect and care about everyone more, because thats what women do.

9. Either my sister, my dad or my uncle...
    which, bad idea to look up to my uncle... he's a druggie and alcoholic, bigtime.