Who is the best Metal Drummer?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by thccrystals, Dec 21, 2003.

?

Who is the best Metal Drummer?

1. Peter Wildoer - Darkane

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Thomas Haake - Meshuggah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mike Portnoy - Dream Theater/Liquid Tension

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dave Lombardo - Slayer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Joey Jordison - Slipknot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Henry Ranta - Soilwork

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kevin Talley - Dying Fetus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ken Schalk - Candiria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gene Hoglan - SYL/Death etc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Nicko McBrain - Iron Maiden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. It is time for another installment of Who's the best...

2. i like Jordison. even if you don't like slipknot, you have to admit he has some sic (no pun intended) speed and beats.

3. Id say Dave Lombardo because I love the shit he plays. He is definetly my biggest influence for playing drums. Just that fast base/snare beat that I love so much, mixed with great fills, just awesome. Go listen to the song "Necrophobic" off of Reign In Blood, thats the kinda drumming Im talkin about, simply amazing.

4. 1. Tom Corn of Lykathea Aflame
    2. Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy
    3. Gene Hoglan of Dark Angel/Death/SYL/Punchdrunk etc.
    4. Neil Peart of Rush
    5. Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden (Listen to Deja-vu, amazing bass drumming in particular)

5. my favorite drummer ...is the dude from corrosin of conformity...but fuck if i know his name...

blind is by far his best album...

6. I 2nd that

7. Yeah, he's amazing isn't he? So imaginative. If anybody hasn't heard him, download one of his many live drum solos.

8. i would vote for pete "command " sandoval from morbid angel or hellhammer from mayhem but they were not listed in the post.
    so i went for dying fetus' one.

9. Good choice! Have you heard 'Drum Check' on Heretic, the new Morbid Angel album? Amazing.

10. Mike Portnoy kicks ass with Dream Theater. Neil Peart isnt a metal drummer, but he still kicks ass!

11. Shit I forgot Flo, my bad. He is sick.

And shit I forgot Sandoval too, I only got room for 10 though...

12. Yes, Flo from Cryptopsy is fuckin amazing. I saw them live last year, and he did this like 5 minute drum solo, it was so good. Hes got some serious speed

13. heheh... I just ifnd it ammusing to be talking about how imaganitive a drummer could be. I was jsut thinking drumming sort of one has one 2d plane of possibilites. Really stoned and its just a thought.

But drums really only have rythym. When other instruments have rythym and intunation.

I was thinking how like intination is like the 3rd dimension.

drum s2d object ...
    other insruments 3d object...

Stoned and drunk forgive my post...

14. *blink* I haven't even HEARD of some of those bands....maybe I should start living in the now.

15. i doubt Tool falls under metal, but boy is Danny Carey amazing

16. Kevin -from dying fetus out of that list or joey.....but one of my fav is Nicholas Barker (Dimmu Borgir)

17. i know of a sweet drummer dont know his name but hes for morbid angel, hes good, but noone is as good as Neil peart, in my opinion.

18. yea it's Pete Sandoval, I already expressed my regret for not including him on the poll.

Don't be so closed minded about Neil Peart being the best. Just download this and watch Peter Wildoer at work!

ps - the rest of the video is really cool too, it's just a home video of one of my favorite bands during the studio recording of their first album. The band is Darkane.
    http://www.nonhumanlevel.com/studio.mpg

19. Portnoy is the SHIT. Need I say more?