who is that white guy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by findme, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Don't know, but he is twisting everything being said to make it sound in his favor.

It was dumb.

2. I know right, that woman was twisting everything. She said "women are paid less for the exact same jobs that men have" but obviously you and me know that to be false.

People trying to twist something in their favor by quoting statistics which aren't telling the whole story. just like the hospital example.

Why do people try to twist things like that? I think they do it without knowing. What do you think?

3. sowell proves you can get the outcome your looking for by grouping and collecting datae in certain ways. the woman was doing it so to support her views, sowell did it to support his views.

4. #5 Tripace, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    No, Sowell was doing it accurately. Sowell was comparing apples to apples, she was trying to compare apples to a fruit cart.

5. He states that if you compare apples to apples... for example a black 2 parent household to a white 2 parent household, both of them make about the same amount of money on average.

she states that if you compare oranges to apples... for example, a single man is earning 11k while a single woman is earning 9k. because as he states, a single woman at age 40 spending 10-20 years raising kids isn't the same as a single man that doesn't have any kids isn't a fair comparison.

but who is right and who is wrong? I'm thinking she is wrong because a "single" woman with kids is not the same as a single man without kids.

I mean maybe she is comparing apples to apples but I don't see it and perhaps im missing something.

6. If she compared a single mother to a single father then it would be a fare comparison. You can't compare someone with kids to someone without.

People should get paid what they are worth. If a women is producing less for a company then a man is then the women should be paid less, if she produces more then she should be paid more. Two people who produce the same should be paid the same.