Who invented the devil ?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Ultramaxx, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Yeah lucifers technically not even a real devil
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

i’ve seen many christians curse and hate his name for no reason apparently because they’re worried about Satan not Lucifer… And have them both backwards

2. Hell and the Devil as we know him today was "invented" by Constantine. It was a way to fill church seats which also meant more money in the coffers. It was also an attempt to cow non-Christians into conforming via fear mongering.(Sound familiar?)
    There are actually three iterations of Hell and the Devil. The original concept of hell is pretty benign. Basically while in hell your soul could still redeem itself (although I'm not sure how that would work).

In the second iteration, escaping hell meant climbing a seemingly endless mountain. The more people praying for your soul, the easier and quicker the climb would be. And if they PAID to "help" your soul climb the mountain, well they could rest assured your soul would reach Heaven quite quickly.

The third and best known iteration is the current one we all know where Hell is just a horrible place from which there is no escape and Satan is a cruel, evil bastard.

3. God created the devil….it says so in the Bible I the lord created good and evil……why your going ask so we can grow strong

4. I'm not sure if I believe in religion or not, but the bible is a book about morals and values (some wrong in my opinion, yet many correct) that were written well before many had such strong moral compasses as many of us do today. That, in itself, is quite miraculous.

5. The Same People Who Invented God.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you have to insist He doesn't exist. And there's also no need to name call the ones of us who do believe. Surely we can disagree without being juvenile?
    Lucifer was a beautiful angel. He was a prince of heaven. But he was selfish and conceited and he wanted to be God himself. So he rebelled against God, and he and one third of the Angels fell from the heavens. They rebelled against God so they had no place in heaven anymore. There's no place for jealousy or hate or evil in Heaven. I will be happy to continue this conversation if it can be done in a respectful manner.

7. Lucifer , Satan , old scratch all sorts or strange names all for an entity if it was real wouldn’t it rule the world ? Or if it’s real why is it a spiritual being only?
    Why does this evil thing get to live forever and we get a short lifetime??
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

8. Nailed it.

:pimp:

9. In a word Christians? Everyone needs a bad guy to differentiate from the good ones. Many religions seem to have some kind of good vs bad or heaven vs hell. Even Miami needed Tony Montana. :confused_2:

10. "miracles" or "shit happens" daily whether you are aware of them or not, mostly medical in my case. I can't explain the why or how of it. You must believe strongly in coincidence???

11. Miraculous? Really?

The Bible doesn’t have any objections to slavery. At all. It gives instructions on how to beat them within “the law”.

A woman is less clean after giving birth to a girl as opposed to a boy.

A woman must be stoned to death on her father’s front steps if she is not a virgin on her wedding day.

I could go on for hours. There is nothing miraculous about the Bible and its teachings.

Peace dude.

:passing-joint:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. There’s no place for jealousy in Heaven? God said himself that he is a jealous god.

Also, why didn’t god just destroy Satan? He’s an omnipotent god; he created the universe and everything in it! He can do anything!

And why does Satan punish sinners in Hell? You would think he would reward them for doing his work. It doesn’t make sense that he would punish them for sinning. Satan wants people to sin.

Why does god make people that sin, and then punish them in an eternal lake of fire? Why doesn’t he just make everyone good? Wouldn’t that make more sense? So… he created humans and sits idly by while they kill each other? And he’s okay with this?

Why doesn’t god do anything to prevent evil? All the wars, the genocide, terrorism, natural disasters, famine, disease… why doesn’t he do anything? Do you see any evidence that he cares about us? Just curious.

Peace!

13. It's all Adams fault. After he ate that apple God was like "Fuck this, I'm out!"

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. SO don't follow the bible. :confused_2: Is that so hard? No need to :poop: on others beliefs.

15. If we are talking about Lucifer he is a fallen angel.

16. He said he’s not sure what he believes so, I obviously didn’t attack his beliefs.

Read his post about the Bible being miraculous. I simply disagreed with his statement and gave reasons.

Discourse is valuable. Between the two of us, maybe we can learn something. That’s all we’re doing here.

If someone gets offended concerning my stance on religion, I won’t apologize. I won’t disrespect a person for believing or for any reason that doesn’t warrant disrespect, but I won’t show respect for religion. I will disrespect it every chance I get.

Think of it like this. If someone tells me that Elvis is still alive, I don’t have to respect his beliefs. And I won’t. However, I won’t disrespect him. I would probably just say “good day” and walk away.

Religions are all fairy tales. They do more harm than good. I used to believe so I can’t blame anyone for doing so. I won’t slam anyone with insults and show disrespect but I don’t have any obligation to be nice to religion.

Peace!

• Like Like x 1