Who here loves Bill Maher?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tripper157, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I do. He is one of the few liberals who really puts the right-wingers their place. :hello:

2. Love is too strong a word. He beats up pretty energetically on both sides and is one of the few people who isn't afraid to challenge people on bullshit, and that to me is good enough to forgive the snarky condescending. I've always enjoyed his show since it was Politically Incorrect.

3. he is the shit i am watchin his show right now

4. #4 Dronetek, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say all the left wingers.

No he doesn't. That's such a blatant lie.

5. He beats up on right wingers more because he disagrees with them significantly more then he does with the likes of Obama or Pelosi. Also because they are significantly more loony. Sarah Palin case and point

6. I like Bill Maher. He doesn't get enough respect, IMO.

7. He's a cool guy, i prefer jon stewart when it comes to tv guys though

8. #8 Postal Blowfish, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    You only see bias toward the left, so you don't have a single fucking clue what you're talking about.

I watch the show, I know what the content is like. It's not his fault Republicans are so over-the-top ridiculous batshit they make Democrats look like pathetically dull pet rocks. He will not hesitate to shit on Obama or any other Democrat he doesn't agree with.

9. I always get the "I'm the savior of the world" vibe from Maher.

Maybe that's just me, I haven't watched enough of him to really give an objective opinion. :smoke:

10. I don't have a love affair with anybody that's on TV, especially men.. I've never watched him so I cant say if I would like him, but most likely not..

11. I love him. I'm so sad I have to wait until after work to fire up my DVR to catch last night's show.

I don't always agree with him, but I like how he's like the Rush Limbaugh of sanity.

The panel he has on is usually pretty sick, too.

12. i used to like his show.. but he seems more bitter, angry and un-funny these days.

stewart and colbert are much funnier IMO.

13. Not a fan...

14. I like him, and will put his show on from time to time. I love it when Mos Def is on there :laughing: , and that Dr. Cornell West can speak some serious knowledge.

Plus its just hilarious because my Grandfather hates his soul, thinking he's Liberal propaganda :laughing:, he also says the same thing about Jon Stewart :laughing:

15. He brings up good points every now and then, but is way too abrasive and obnoxious...

He's kind of like the Bill O'reilly of the liberal community I guess (he's annoying on the same level).

16. Despite being against organied religioon, with Religulous and all. I find it funny that he believes in this invisible, omnipotent being that can intervene in human affairs for the better. Bill Maher is your typical Statheist.

17. He's a gigantic douche. Most of the time he has no idea what the hell he is talking about. And he always brings like one republican on so that the bleeding heart libs he has on can tell him why he's a terrible person. Never any discussion, just bullshit partisan talk. The whole, a woman got stomped on at a republican speech so they're all bad people, Democrats would never resort to that kind of violence.
    My dad records him so I've seen my fair share of him.

18. There is been numerous panel's that have been predominantly republican.

As fare as the woman getting stomped, well the facts speak for themselves. Currently, right wingers are much more fanatic than left wingers.

19. Also, please give me one example where "he didn't know what he was talking about"?

20. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZpi0JqqDIw]YouTube - AC360 - Bill Maher Condemns Violent Rhetoric From Republicans![/ame]