Who grows in apartments?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HEADDS, Jan 13, 2008.

1. I wanted to take a census on how many watts (including fans, lights, water pumps..) you guys who grow in apartments use. Whats a sketcky amount of power to be running in a 1 bedroom apartment? If its possible should I get a 2 bedroom, would that make power consumption less noticable?

Also, would it even matter if I paid rent then had a seperate bill direct to the electric company, because theres one apartment Ive looked at that includes everything in rent except electricity. Any help would be great..PZ

2. So nobody here lives/grows in an apartment?

3. Who has a friend of a friend who grows in an apartment?

HEADDS, I think it's pretty safe to say that most micro grows are in apartments/duplexes.

4. Are we talking the entire room? or just grow box? how many plants?

5. Bro just be sure to Get an apartment with a separate power bill that you pay directly to the power company, And the power company gives a shit less how much power you use they want you to use more! But seriously I used to live in a Tri-plex I ran a 1000 watt light 24 hours a day, bumped my 400 watt stereo and watched TV and so on my bill was $200 at the highest and that is a reasonable bill I know people who don't even grow and run up higher bills than me. So no worries just keep low profile pay your rent on time, no parties don't brag and just keep to yourself and you will be alright. Good luck Live Long and Smoke Well

6. i am in a 1 bedroom apartment and i use 6 cfls and it actually really didnt make a big difference in my bill. 4 65w and 2 42w and 4 fans

7. what's a good stealth meethod for an apt.? maintenence men are bitches... ya know?

8. there is no such thing as stealth method. People can always tell you are growing because of the smell. You have to avoid visitors who doesn`t need to know about your little hobby.

9. ^definatly true in my apt you can smell it as soon as you get about halfway in and its not flowering yet, but i invested in an activated carbon filter and now everything is fine exept for in the box

10. I'm growing in a PC case and in a cabinet. going perfectttttt.

11. im growing in my apartment, 4 CFL's and a couple computer fans dont do much damage on my electric bill

12. I grew in my last apartment and i had a 250hps and a few cfls, fans and air purifires running and had no problems. The set up didnt make much of a dent at all.

13. Im on my 3rd grow in this apartment. I've heard alot of people saying HID will jack your electric bill up anywhere from 30-50$. I personally use 2 floro tubes and 4-5 CFLs of varying power. 2 bedroom/bath apartment, the bill is almost always around 100-110$, I dont think CFLs really make a huge difference. You should probably be more worried about the smell, maybe a landlord coming in? I've never had any problems though.

14. I was thinking maybe something like 2 big wardrobe cabinets both with 400W hps in it and some kind of blower/fan inbetween both cabinets..probably like 1000W at most, I guess as long as I pay directly to the electric company I guess I should be fine, right? Think I could get away witha 1000 watter? What would you guys suggest?

15. i would suggest that 1000 watts is overkill for a cabnet.

16. haha definatly for a cabinet