Who grows close together?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 2high, Feb 9, 2008.

1. I just wanted to start a thread for input on experience planting close together around 2" or so. Drop a reply if it worked for you or not. Is it possible?

2. It's called SoG or Sea of Green. The theory behind it is to get a small amount of yield from a large number of plants usually flowered from seed/clone, instead of getting a larger yield from fewer plants. Unfortunately, most states have harsher penalties for greater numbers of plants regardless of maturity/yield so this technique is unpopular among home growers and limited near entirely to commercial operations.

Yes it works, no I've not done it. Here's a notable example of a perpetual SoG set up.

[Edit]: misunderstood. Multiple plants in a pot = no.

3. Thanks man, I had to edit my thread. I meant planted close together, like in the same pot.

4. check out vokals lst in advanced growing and also dabble in topping a little and ul get the same effect. with multiple plants in a pot there fighting to the death and with lst ul get what i think ur looking for. basically u tie the plant down and let the undergrowth grow upwards to form ...for lack of a better word main stems and this can be repeated as u can c in vokals tupperware on the bed pic lol and topping is just cutting the top so that it forms 2 stems then cutting them so they make 4 and so on this is all extra extra simplified b/c it didnt send last time and i lost it all lol but good luck

5. Yeah LST always helps, but really I wanted people to chime in who have had first hand results from planting as close together in same soil as 2 inches or so. Thanks

6. I wouldn't suggest it. The plants will need to compete for root space and light, this will cause the plants to get stressed and turn hermie or even die.

Just do fewer plants and use LST you will yield just as much with half as many plants.

7. well the thing is Im doing 12/12 from seed and thought it would be nice to plant about 7 in a single container then rid the males. I did however take 2 of them and planted them in a seperate 10" pot. 1 just showed sex and its female so I'll leave that one be.

8. And what is your reason for 12/12 from seed?

9. just so u know the roots are fucking quick and big and ud think theyd stay in there little spot...basically im saying im completely amazed with how fast and wide roots grow i transplanted and the next day had roots on the bottom...and im just pulling up all my males now and they were transplanted maybe 2-3weeks ago and i can now pick up my plants by the stem and pull them out and 100% of the dirt and walk them accrossed my white carpet without dropping a single fuckin spec of dirt and theyr barely pushing a foot tall in what i think is a 1 gallon pot...i also cut up the root ball and powdered the pit the the plant was about to go in with rooting compound

10. let me know how that works...
    Sounds like that would stress the plant out.

11. Well its kinda hard to find weed around here so I was getting low and decided to go the fastest route. 12/12 from seed. I'll probably be transplanting alot of these guys just to be safe. I was just hoping someone was going to chime in saying they had good results from planting close. I did however read on another site that someone did have good results with this method.

12. planted 3 bag seed in one square foot pot in soil. expected 1 or 2 male .all three are female.i am in about wk 2 of flowering have practiced lst ing and did 6 weeks veg 24/7 to 12/12 flowering no problems yet. space will be a issue soon as they are getting huge since the switch.but with carefull bending and tieing i think ill be ok. but ur friend is right plants planted two close will reduce the buds.sometimes 1 plant alone will produce more than 2 if they are planted to close......... i am also using side lighting along with above lighting. i use led lights so my stealth box whitch should only handle one or two is handleing 3 let alone all in the same pot..... it could have something to do with being able to position my lights alot more flexibly to needed area.as the led greatly reduces burns. but i will keep u updated in the following weeks and record the growth and yeilds.

13. There are a lot of threads dealing with 12/12 from seed, just search for that phrase. Some strains do better than others with this growing method. :smoke: