Who goes to community college?

Discussion in 'General' started by tokabowl420, Jan 20, 2010.

1. and do you like it?

I go to College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, IL and I think it's lame as fuck. It's my seconds semester there and it's not getting much better at all. All of the kids just keep to themselves, and the ones that don't should just be quiet because they're annoying as hell. Also, not really a big deal to me, but nobody really blazes that I've met, and the people who I have met that blaze are complete douche bags.

I just think it's kinda weird because my other friends that go to universities are well-adjusted and like it. In contrast tho, all my friends that go to community college think its so lame.

2. im experiencing the exAct same thing at community college

3. Well society looks down on community colleges compared to Universities. Cheaper and only a high school diploma can get you in :rolleyes:. Although, community colleges have 2+2 transfer programs which are great and in the long run, you save so much fucking money.

Socially, it might suck but stay with it. I remember a lot of my class "attempted" Universities, couldn't handle it and came back home only to waste thousands of dollars.

Stop looking at it in a negative way, go for two years and then transfer if you would like.

4. I kind of do. slightly less then half are commuters... It's not bad, but not very exciting. I might transfer, I don't know yet...

5. same thing at my communtiy college lame as fuck im on my second semester and im just trying to hang in there but its tough so boring

6. I'm going and I'm glad. I really don't think I would have been able to handle university level classes right away. I took a two year hiatus from school after graduation. AT first I thought most of these classes were a joke, but I'm taking sophomore level classes now. I feel more challenged, opposed to basically guessing on test and passing them. Hopefully, within a year I'll have an a.s. in chemistry, and I'll transfer to UT. I'm at Pellissippi currently. I'm so glad I finally when back. I've gained a considerable amount of knowledge from the short time I've attended. I loved philosophy and psychology <almost changed my major due to that class :p The mind is an incredibly fascinating machine.

7. Kinda boring in the classrooms. just gotta keep doing it. i got one more year and im out

8. I recently dropped out of community college and wasted a lot money but saved myself wasting a lot more I believe. I don't think too much of community colleges but thats just me, if you ask me college is too expensive to be worth it anymore.

9. i don't go to community college but i've read that since the economy is so shitty many people are just going to community college for two years and then transferring to a different college for two years. which is a good idea in my opinion because then you get a college degree with only half the work :rolleyes:

10. I'm undecided at this point. Still have a while to think about it, I'm a junior in HS. (Yes, I'm 18). The reason why I'm leaning towards the CC side is because I think I really want to live in a place with some friends straight outta high school. If I were to go to the U of Nebraska all four years, I'd have to either live at home or live in a dorm my freshman year. It's just the policy of the school I guess. Also, I'm planning on doing the 2 year transfer program.. it's much easier and saves loads of money.

decisions, decisions..

11. #11 Misc, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    Man, don't stick to that comfort zone. You'll meet so many new, awesome people in a dorm. Dorms aren't the most habitable places, true, but the communal aspect is absolutely worth a year of your life.

Room with a high school friend, if you decide to go that route, so you'll at least know someone.. but just branch out and make connections. You'll see the people on your hall almost every day for a year, and there's destined to be a few you'll become great friends with.

All dorm experiences are different I suppose, but that's my 2cents.

But yeah if money is a serious issue, I'd consider CC+transferring.. but I had such a great time in a dorm that I wouldn't do it again any other way.

12. I went to COD before I moved out to NY. That college harbors half of the douche bags from Wheaton North. Fuck that place dude, find somewhere else to get an education.

13. i start my first day of cc tomorrow. only reason that im going is, in order to get into the airforce, i have to have 15 college credits (beause my HS diploma was from a homeschool).

14. ^ Hey sailor jerry's is the shit. I'm about to put some on ice as we speak. Cheeers. :D

15. What hs do u go to, lion?

16. I went to LSU (Louisiana State) for 3 semesters and didn't do too great grade wise (but also did not fail out or put on academic suspension or anything). Parents made me come home (live in texas, so I pay out of state) and now I am at my local community college. This semester is going to suck since it will be boring and I will be living at home, but as long as I will pull up my grades I will transfer back to LSU or Texas State.. so it will be worth it.

The 2 year transfer program will save you alot of money yes, but you probably won't be having as good of a time as you would if you went to college straight out of college. Take it from someone who went to an out of state college and knew nobody there, you WANT to be in a dorm the first year so you can meet people.

My college didnt require us to do so, and I wanted to live in an apartment because I didn't want to live in the dorms.. but I really wish I would have so I could have met more people.

17. shiiiiit i go. first class and semester its ok i guess pretty dull i only gotta put up with it 4 hours out the week tho :)

18. yea man I went to BRCC in Louisiana..i only found one dude that was kool. we toked for a few days then he shit out on me.now i go to NSU and its much better. more tokers and more women..better looking ones lol

19. Haha brcc fuck that.. but NSU? Is that Nicholls State? If it is I know some girls that go there, but never saw the girls at BRCC. The girls at LSU are verrrrrry nice though :hello:

20. lol i go to community college and met a handful of chillsters just in my first two classes of the semester today. not to mention more importantly a few cute girls with brains too

im guess im just lucky? shit.