Who else thinks facebook is a way for the government to spy on you

Discussion in 'General' started by Shaggy2High, Dec 18, 2010.

1. I mean think about it. Its like a government database. They make you add your real name, phone number, email, real friends (they don't like you to add people you don't know) family, location, birthday, ect. Then you volantarily post where you are, what your doing, and even who you are with.

Watch the video
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37wW9CGWyY]YouTube - The Truth about Facebook![/ame]

I mean don't just watch the video and form an opinion do your own research on some of these organizations and people and there relationship between each other. Then form an opinion.

2. dont be paranoid. the government has PLENTY of other ways to find things out about you other then facebook

3. Come on man, really?

4. that shit is powerful huh?

5. You wearin a tin foil hat, OP?

6. officer i assure you i am not under the influence of any dillegal srugs

7. theres bigger problems to worry about than if facebook is a govt conspiracy.

you god damn pot smokers

[​IMG]

8. I'm sure they have much better ways of finding out your whereabouts.

9. Cmon think about it. You can find out so much about a person just by looking at there facebook page. You don't think the government wants that type of information

10. haha it was from cheech and chong dude... but honesty the government doesn't need facebook. They can and will do security screens on whoever they please...trust me.;)

11. You don't think they already have most of that information? I don't think the government worries what you had for lunch or what club you were planning on hitting up.

12. See what you can find out about me from my FB page.

hint: i have no fb page

You aren't going to find out anything because I don't tell the internet everything about me and neither should anyone else, but I'll be damned if anyone is going to listen to my advice on this.

13. True true but havent you heard of cops catching idiot drug dealers because of what they put on facebook?

Why thank you

14. This.

Anyone who posts information about themselves open to the internet deserves to have that information taken by an agency.

Some people are just too damn stupid and will post everything that pops into their head. A burglars wet dream, I could find out one of my friends daily and weekly routines and burglarize his house free of worry if I wanted too.

The government already has all your personal information. Dont post any more and nobody else will have it.

15. Pretty sure they found a system that made them billions and ran with it. Nothing to do with government spies.

16. the cia records everything you put on facebook in a government database protected by sharks and snapping turtles

17. Facebook doesn't make anyone do anything :rolleyes:

18. #19 TheDankery, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
    no, actually, facebook is just an innocuous social-networking diversion for our generation, myspace was, in actuality, a joint Rupert Murdoch/US Government operation to gather information on subversive groups and dissenters. I thought everyone knew this.

haha, this thread has some interesting tags going on...

19. #20 JakeTheDuck, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
    I don't think it's a way for the gov't to spy on you, but it's certainly possible. I'm pretty sure that facebook does sell information to advertisers who can use it to fine to their marketing though, which is something I'm not fond of but admire from a business standpoint. I have a facebook, but I can see myself deleting it sometime soon; it's getting a bit invasive.