Who created God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 1Trismegistus1, Oct 31, 2011.

1. #1 1Trismegistus1, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    "He's just always existed."

"Haha, stupid believer, such a stupid answer."

So, without a God in the factor, what do you propose exists without a manifest Universe, and how did it get there, as in the "area" the Universe exists in, how'd it get there, and if your hypocritical thought process leads you to say anything besides "it was just there forever" then how did the thing preceding this "area" get there and so on.

Cuz no matter what way you twist it, there is only 1 answer "it has always been there" at some end of the spectrum. If you say it goes on Infinitely, that is the same thing as an Eternal Creator in Unconscious form and your theory of the Universe's "container" is the same as an Eternal God just without a God, and is no less unreasonable than an Eternal Consciousness.

Likewise this chain reaction would have had to be set into motion, so complete nothingness could not have caused somethingness.

2. no one knows. i have thought about that before. what space is the universe expanding into? where IS the universe? and so on, they are questions without answers

3. God's God, silly. What did you think God was an atheist?

4. Omnipotence

5. In Theurgy this is actually the case, our God exists amongst many other Gods. God evolves through his creation of Universes, and all of the experiences of sentient beings, and thus evolves to create more perfect Universes. How high the "God's God's God" really goes is impossible to know, but it is a seeming Infinity.

I just thought of this question earlier for those who seem to think its so preposterous that God is eternal yet it's perfectly logical that "the Universe has just always been here man".

6. Indeed...there are many gods knows as creator gods. They literally go around creating worlds and universes.

7. Atheists don't discount the idea of a god because of traits like eternal existence. The question of "who created god" is asked when theists claim that everything must have a cause, but then claim their god is exempt from this rule. This is special pleading and a logical fallacy. This topic seems to be based on a misunderstanding of why atheists ask said question or a straw man to disparage them.

8. I like to think of God along the lines of eternity. No start, and no end. Always has, and always will.

9. #9 Relentless, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    I purpose the possibility that god is within all, and all are within god? Meaning god could have no creator, as god is the very dynamic which defines what we see as reality. Our physical being, the universe, other living entities all our simply part of the collective which is god?

This would explain the lack of magnificent miracles saving any of the people of Genocides (not too say this has NEVER happened) but, it would make sense. If all the collective power of God's wholeness is spread out tied up in the process of being what we call reality.

10. [quote name='"tongues"']Atheists don't discount the idea of a god because of traits like eternal existence. The question of "who created god" is asked when theists claim that everything must have a cause, but then claim their god is exempt from this rule. This is special pleading and a logical fallacy. This topic seems to be based on a misunderstanding of why atheists ask said question or a straw man to disparage them.[/quote]

Atheists are the people who call the police because of a really loud party next door. Fucking buzzkills man.

11. Well think about it thow, athiest's dont believe in Karma. Soo they dont expect ppl that piss them off or do something they believe is "wrong" too be PUNISHED by some supernatural force/entity.... So They use any oppourtunity to be punk bitches, and enforce their ways of life on others.. (the selfish ones only)

12. There is a lot more than "it always existed".

Those are just three english words with some limited meanings. 'The mysteries of the universe are much more than can be defined by three english words.

Us trying to understand this is like an ant trying to understand an iPad.

13. Have you ever thought about multiverse theory?

14. The present is forever, so... god is present?

15. What and the people who believe in god go over and join the party? which usually consists of breaking as many commandments as possible? randomest thing ive ever read.

What religion you believe in has absolutely nothing to do with how you will behave in such a specific moment. Im an atheist, and saturday night at the kegger i went to i had to journey home to get a keg-tap because the police busted it up and took most of the kegs (and all the taps). Because of me - a god forsaken atheist - everybody got to continue partying... i feel like thats the OPPOSITE of a buzzkill.

So there goes your shitty theory of atheists being buzzkills...

16. dunno but god is porbably just like a set of laws of physics and forces ,

17. Unless the universe has always been both complete somethingness and nothingness...time only exists to us as a set duration..as for if there is a god I also tend to think it's more of a set of mathematics that operate under no actual rules

18. its all about faith vs evidence

no one has ever found any phenomena that cant be explained, so some dont believe.

the bible sais to have faith. faith is the backbone.

some people just have a problem with that idea

19. God exists outside of time and space. Our universe requires a creator, not his.

20. #20 Postal Blowfish, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    Doesn't it make more sense (not much, but a small bit more) to think that the universe itself has no beginning than to complicate it by saying the universe did have a beginning, but it was created by something that has no beginning itself? It seems that once you open that door, you have an infinite regression of "who created x" questions.

I think that if people wouldn't judge nonbelievers by calling them things like "buzzkills," a lot of judgements would cease on both sides of the issue. If you have a buzz, and you're letting someone else's choices fuck with that, your blame is misdirected if you're blaming anyone but yourself.