Who are you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Sep 2, 2008.

1. I am only what I can internalize. I can not internalize, conceptualize, or comprehend someone elses perception of me. Those are seperate thoughts are not a part of me.

My perception of YOU (you meaning everyone), however, is a part of me.

2. Who are we? As in a whole? We, the human race, are bacteria whose only contribution to this world is it's slow decay... hmmmmmmmmmmm, makes ya wonder? lol

3. Who are you, johntimespeaker?

4. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yx5wj2w68CA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yx5wj2w68CA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

0:36, who the fuck are you!

haha i believe i am my body my mind and my spirit. most of all i am my past experiences. this is a really hard question to answer and to be honest i dont give a fuck who i am, just as long as i am happy :)

5. To try and answer the original question, I think we are only who we perceive ourselves to be.. atleast ideally I would think so. The perceptions of others can sometimes change how we appear to be though I guess, but I don't think it would be very "fulfilling" to live concerned with how other people think we are. That would be like losing the "self" inside of us.

Why would others perceptions that we're unaware of be affecting us though? Don't you think that is the cause of anxiety and fear, fear of what we don't know and won't ever know.

6. So perceptions don't lead to responses? I think it does matter, but just because it matters does not mean we are fully aware of it.

Which is really closest to who you are: your self-perceptions, others' perceptions, or your perceptions of others' perceptions?

7. asking the question "who are you" to someone doesnt make any sense to begin with, so theres no point in trying to answer that question.

8. Makes no sense?

But don't the words "who", "are", and "you" make sense?

9. not really, its a question with no real answer

10. haha It is a question. It would be silly to think that every known question has a known answer. So good point.