Who am I?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by flapflip, May 12, 2011.

1. I've been thinking alot lately, and today the question came to me. Why am I here? What physically put me on this earth? Why am I in the body im in? Is everyone else in their own bodies seeing their own vision and having their own mind too? How is it that I have a mind? Is everyone else and everything in the universe just here for me? What does this make me? Try to answer any or as many of these questions as possible.

2. Your here to live bro. No specific reason, but to embrace it. Your life is as natural as a leaf on a tree. We are much more evolved, which causes us to think we are more special than we are. The fact is, we are ALL (EVERYTHING) just nature. We all live, we all die. Its how you choose to live that life that makes it special. One love bro.

3. Also, I'd like to say you are NOT imagining it all, we are all seperate, yet the same through consciousness. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

4. Thanks man. How is it possible that I see the things I see and feel feelings and everything, but nobody else can do this. Why am I this person?

5. I can't really answer that with an absolute truth. I can explain my belief for this though. I don't know if you believe in spirituality? But, in this belief, you realise there is an objective reality, and a subjective reality. Objective would be nature, or what we can all agree is real. (Earth, tornado, car) Subjective is created by your own thoughts (ego, personality, thoughts, beliefs). If you were to believe this, you would see the subjective is what creates you.

In the end, personally I believe life=sum of your experiences. Make sense at all?

6. It's not ironic that you're the person you are. You were always you and that was meant to be.

7. Do you have a sense of self, do you dissasociate yourself with life, how do you value your life, based on what do you determine your identity, are you social, what's your religious belief
    Honestly Space is constantly expanding I believe just as Jehovah intended and with us being created with infinite space to learn and experience
    It's good that you're self reflecting it's the first step to finding you answers and one more question
    Do you feel your thoughts and opinions could be dictated by the culture around you

8. #8 flapflip, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I do believe in spirituality, I'm Roman Catholic. It does make sense, but maybe its one of those things that are revealed to you after death

9. #9 errorUAtaken, May 12, 2011
    Yeah but the bible actually states that death is sleep and the dead are conscious of nothing at all ecclesiaties 9:5
    Figuring these things out are a part of what life's all about

10. Seek, and you shall find. Question, and you will answer. This answer will be correct for you, but everyones answer is different. This is what a lot of people have a problem accepting. There IS a cause and effect to everything..

11. #11 errorUAtaken, May 13, 2011
    ... Dude, what I said was based on what he said and he's asking questions himself
    Questions that has to do with identity and sense of self
    "question and you will answer" .... Isn't that whats going on
    Correct me if I'm wrong but
    Wouldn't what you told me go for everyone here including you
    He asks the questions I asked constructive and supportive questions
    He said he was roman catholic I told him what the bible teaches
    If these things are ignored or trashed it's just added to his delusion because all these things are based on what he said
    And insight

12. #12 flapflip, May 13, 2011
    So why does it talk of "everlasting salvation"?

13. #13 ImagineReality, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    Well, like I said. EVERYTHING has a cause and effect. There is a cause for your opinion. Same for his. Your opinion is the effect. His questions have a cause. The answer he creates is his effect.

Live how YOU see fit, even if it requires others opinions.

14. #14 flapflip, May 13, 2011
    I like your views

15. As I do yours!

16. #16 errorUAtaken, May 13, 2011
    On earth, a resurrection
    All that heaven stuff came from paganism and that's what catholicism is a mixture of paganism and christianity
    X-mas used to worship the son in place of the sun etc.
    Worshipping marry, Jesus, and others when you're suppose to just God
    And it goes on
    And if you base your religious beliefs on something you don't reflect on and it plays a major role in ya life, isn't that a big hint

17. #17 errorUAtaken, May 13, 2011
    I know what cause and effect is
    And questions and opinions can broaden your horizon whether or not you have a sense of self

18. #18 flapflip, May 13, 2011
    My relegion actually plays a huge part in my life. Its part of my families culture and traditions

19. #19 errorUAtaken, May 13, 2011
    Do you believe God is a conscious being
    Because if so then why'd he go through the process of giving us the source we need to draw closer to him
    Because I mean offense to your family culture or tradition but if that's the only reason you do it then you just told me a part of your identity is dictated and if so maybe that's why you have a lost sense of self
    What do you want? ....
    Not your family not us or the mass indoctrination called culture
    You?

20. #20 flapflip, May 13, 2011
    I do believe in God. I also believe he is a conscious being. I believe He put us here for a reason, but I don't understand what it is. I also believe that we wont ever truly know what that reason is until after death.