Whites pistils - what do they mean?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PeruvianDank, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Whats up guys? I have a two and half month old indica, and a 3 month sativa. They are both growing well outdoors (all organic) and are naturally healthy (except for a few bug bite marks on the leaves).

A couple of days ago, both plants developed white pistils but since this is my first grow, Im not sure what the white pistils mean. Does that mean its in pre flowering stage? or are my plants telling me they are ready to go into flowering mode? Need help please:)

My indica is 14 inches tall, the sativa is 12 inches.

2. lol white pistals is your plant flowering. there already in flowering if there showing pistils.

3. So should I put them in 12-12?

I plan to let them veg outdoors, and flowering indoors (under 12-12 hrs). Can there be any problems if I do this?

4. #4 hostileguy, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    Those are probably pre-flowering signs, they have reached maturity and are now ready for flowering!
    pics would help. :)

yes, you can now put them on a 12/12 hr light cycle (2700K lights). I read somewhere that switching between artificial and sunlight can cause stress on the plant and could possibly turn it into a hermie.

5. Definitely dont want any hermies lol. I tought about this, Im going to let them get 12 hours of natural sunlight everyday and then Im going to put them in my closet in complete darkness for the next 12 hours, then repeat.

Would this solve the problem?

6. #6 hostileguy, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    Although that sounds like a good idea, you have to do this religiously for maybe 7-8 weeks or more! And the original statement,
    might be wrong in the first place, please confirm this if you can or go through this link for similar cases,

Outdoor Grow Journals - Grasscity.com Forums

7. I can make the sacrifice for my babies :)

Thanks dude, you helped a lot :)

8. no problem and good luck! :smoke:

9. It means they're female, and flowering, which is exactly what you want. Congrats dude!

Also, if you're in Peru....isn't that right on the equator? Don't you get about 12/12 light naturally? I'm not an expert, but that seems right I think. Check the weather channel or something and see what time sunrise and sunset are each day and you may not have to move em back and fourth.

10. Hmm I have thought about this before but I have some doubts.

Summer is going to start in January and ends half way through March. I have read that marijuana plants should be planted in summer so they can make the most out of the sunlight. I planted mine in spring (?) and it looks like they are mature and ready to go into flowering mode, I cant wait till summer or they MIGHT re veg (because of summer sunlight) and that can probably turn my plants into hermies.

If all goes well, I think Im going to harvest my plants in november and have them dry and cured by christmas (would be a nice present) lol.

11. How cold is it gonna get there between now and harvest time?

12. Temperatures are actually going to rise in between. But only a couple of Celsius, so I shouldn't worry much and shouldn't mess with the plants one bit.