Whitening / yellowing of leaves :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by adderapple, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I have 3 little seedlings going at the moment, they are my first ones. One of them has leaves that are turning yellowish / whitish and I'm not sure what's causing this. For some unknown reason the other 2 are fine! I have given them nutrients, but I was thinking it might be light bleach. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. U only give plants nutrients after the 3rd week of growth when the plant can handle it. Flush with plain water and let them completely dry out until watering again and wait a few weeks before adding nutes .
    Best of luck .

3. Hey Adderapple,

Yeah if you're going to give notes make sure its a really light dose, also make sure you are pHing your water too as I found when I did my first grow something similar happened to me and I wasn't pHing my water and when I started, plants took off.

But looking at them they seem a bit light in colour too? So maybe a bit of nitrogen might not be a bad thing, not a lot but. Also like I said, before you go adding more nutes mak sure you pH if its too low/high your plants wont take up the nutes that well even if there is heaps! Which will make it look like a deficiency when its not.

4. Thanks for the help man, just wondering how I check the pH of the water and get some water in the desirable range? Also where do I get nitrogen and how do i give it to them? Sorry for the newbie questions.

5. It's all good.

Well just search on google for a pH meter, they are some on ebay, sure you could find one at walmart too. The best pH range for water is around 5.5-6.5 anything between that is perfect!

To lower or raise pH you can buy something call pH up or pH down which as it says will make the pH go up or down haha if you can't get that add some vinegar to lower the pH or baking soda to raise it.

Most fertiliser will have nitrogen in it, on the package there will be 3 numbers like 30-15-30 which corresponds to N-P-K which is nitrogen - phosphors - potassium so the nitrogen level is pretty high.

Also you may want to get a parts per million meter (ppm) which measures the amount of nutes in the water, as they are only seedling you only need a ppm of no more then 200 or lower, just so you don't cause a salt build up or burn the roots.

Lot of info there I guess so any other questions just let me know.