White Widow - First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by WeedFlows, Apr 13, 2009.

1. So as mentioned in the title im a newbie to this...ill do my best to inform u of anything that comes thru my plants :p

My setup looks currently like this :
    [​IMG]

(i managed to fix the dual tube base aftrer alot of sweat and tiers found out its was a lose cable in the wiring)
    Im thinking about keeping the single tube too as an extra smthing..

The distance from the plants is as close as it can get 1 of my babies was streching so i got the light as close as i could:
    [​IMG]

Also have a mini toilet fan blowing on the sprouts to get the stem invincible:O
    [​IMG]

My plants as of today:
    [​IMG]This one hasnt spread its leafs yet cannt tell if its gonna survive..

This one looks short and strong
    [​IMG]

This one is the stretched out one
    [​IMG]

Looks good aswell
    [​IMG]

Last one
    [​IMG]

Ok so the reason i got small pots is cause im pretty sure ill have to throw some males away when that is done ill repot them to last and better pot..

Feel free to advise...Ill be updating every now and then..
    Peace out !

2. Minor update:

Look who said hello...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. I seem to be having a problem with the sprout that just opened its leafs is so limp.
    It just leans towards the light and cant support its weight so its tends to lean a bit to much think i should support it with smthing help me out... xD

[​IMG]

Any advice is welcome thank you...

4. When your seedlings are young it's not uncommon for them to be unable to support themselves if they fall over. If you need to, put a little stick next to your plant (carefully so as not to damage the roots of your plant). Use soft string to lightly tie the stem to the stick. That will help support your stem until it can stand on it's own two feet:

[​IMG]

5. Thanks man i think im gonna have to soon....poor lil thingy ://

6. Well i got an extra light.Think i got enough of lgiht to go to full grow?
    [​IMG]

Btw if someone can check my pots and see if they are big enough to till i can tell which ones are male/female....Would be thankfull

TY

7. CAn any1 be kind enough to answer ? plx... :poke:

8. Come on guys there is so many of u here can any1 give me the pot info and tell me if my lights are ok...Need to make a shopping list:p

9. the 2nd week into flowering u can tell sex, give it time

10. No what i meant to ask is is the size of my *containers* enough to go till i can tell what is what ?And also is the light enough ?:/

11. Yes, pots will be fine until you have determined sex. If they become rootbound you will see your leaves start to yellow for no other apparent reason. It is actually a good idea to let them "fill out" those current pots. Plants tend to go right through the available soil to the bottom, then start spiralling around the bottom of the pot. When you repot them, they will enjoy the extra room.

As far as lights, the general rule is "100 real watts of electricity per plant." Find out how many watts your lights are putting out each, do the math, and you're in business. While they are this young you can still get away with less, but eventually you will need to follow the rule :D

12. #12 WeedFlows, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    I got 2x36w+3x18w=126w in total..
    And 8050 lumen's if im correct..

"100 real watts.." what do ya mean by real ?:p

13. Sometimes the fluorescent lights, specifically the CFL's, are rated in wattage as it compares to incandescent bulbs (so "twirly" bulbs compared to the regular old light bulbs). This causes confusion. Actual wattage is how much electricity a bulb is actually going to use.

For example, a 26 watt CFL will put out lumens comparable to a 100 watt incandescent.

14. Im freaking confused :confused::confused:

15. if you buy 5 26watt cfl bulbs,u acutally have 130 acutall watss,not the 500

16. #16 WeedFlows, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    This is all greek to me lol...Simple terms is it enough? :p(the light)

Sorry folks i cant make sense.....

17. It's enough for right now but sooner or later when your plants get big, etc., you are going to have to pony up more cash for more lights dude :D

18. Well i can get my hands on a 400w HPS does that put out alot of heat? cause i cant really drill a hole in the closet...

19. Ok here a picture update..: Day 5 (in soil)

[​IMG]picture is kind dark cause i was moving things around :p

[​IMG]How cute and healthy huh?:eek:

[​IMG]This one is the tallest of all has kind of a thin stem
    so i got the fan blowing at it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]This one is my 2nd biggest fan blowing at it too

Do they look like they are growing a bit slow or is it just me ?

20. Yes, they do put out a lot of heat. That is why I have never used HPS in my steatlh cabinet grow. Too much work would be required to manage temperatures, electricity costs, etc., while maintaining the level of stealth that is required in my situation.

HPS definitely trumps CFL as far as results in flowering though. Still, CFL's do a good job and are all that I use.