White Widow 600w Sunmaster Dual Spectrum, AN Bubbler

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lowryderrocks, Feb 9, 2014.

1. #1 lowryderrocks, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    starting 12/12 today area coverage at the minute is around 1.5ft/sq, so hopefully by 2 weeks 12/12 it covers 3ft/sq thats almost 1m/sq

feeding
    Sensi Bloom A+B
    Voodoo Juice
    B-52
    Overdrive
    Big Buds
    Bud Candy
    Rhino Skin
    GHE Ripen

flowering temp 24c to 25c(now adjusted to 23c to 24c) light on lowest temp light off 14c(has now been adjusted to 15.8c)

starting ppm around 350

Sunmaster 600w Dual Spectrum HPS in cooltube, 150mm ducting 500mm Carbon filter

interesting to see the grow and yield with these nutes, last time I used only ionic with bud candy and the taste and potency was very good.... can't wait for the 8 weeks to be over :)

Attached Files:

2. Looks good dude. Don't like the small holes in the screen, but I ain't a screen man. At that size I'd be around 500 ppm's.

3. cheers bud, don't worry about the small holes on the screen, they are there for me to hook paper clips on to and hook the branches down, no harm will be cause to the girl :)

its first day switched to 12/12 so I have some additives at full strength as they were used in veg and everything else newly introduced are at quarter strength, hence the ppm, won't be long going up :)

4. how long did you veg for?

and holy shit you must eat a lot of mayonnaise.

5. #5 lowryderrocks, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    lol no I didn't eat any of that, I just found the bucket there in the kitchen... :D

8 weeks veg from clone, bit of lst and little defoliation... 

ran bulb at 400w first 10 days then flipped the switch to 600w using same Bulb the Dual Spectrum

vegged with

Sensi Grow A+B
    B-52
    Voodoo Juice
    Bud Candy

think I can up the ppm already, 100ppm dropped in 24hrs

6. Nice looking girl you got there. I'm confused about that screen. Do you just have a big hole in the middle for the plant to grow through and then LST the branches down to that screen with paper clips? If so, not a bad idea at all. I've never even thought of doing something like that. I'd love to see more pics of it.

7. #7 lowryderrocks, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    that is exactly how I have always been doing it :)

not much changes as just put in to 12/12, when she gets more hairy I will take more pics and take some of the pics to show you how the branches are pulled down..... the LST has to start as early as possible to be able to keep the branches 1cm to the screen, but as it grows bigger, it gets harder to pull down that far, but I manage to keep the outer edges around 2cm to 3 cm from the screen, having a hard time getting those inner branches places to go.... when you do defoliation she branches out everywhere, hopefully when the stretch is over I can pull her around better to give each branch enough space to bud out :)

there are a lot more little short one shooting up to the same level as some bigger branches already around the inner part, about 8 inches diameter in the center on her, difficult.....

p.s. if you have a look at my last grow, a screen may not be as good of an idea for me, she is just under 4ft/sq but buds are side by side :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1263817-625watts-cfl-bubbler-switiching-ds-600w-lst-defoliation.html

8. Heres how i tie down the branches, and she is making good progress sizing up :)

Attached Files:

9. Good idea on the tie down. Hope the main branches don't cut themselves on the small wire.
    When the stretch starts she will double or triple in size and the stems get big.
    Fuckin looks like a shrub man, I like it.

10. #10 lowryderrocks, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    thanks HardDrive, don't worry the branches won't get cut from the thin wire, I have that wire screen cut around the net pot :), the outer edge of the pot actually sits on the screen :) and the paper clip i only tie up on the fan leaves to pull down hard, but if I use the paper clip on the branch itself I make a hook with a wider opening so when the branches thicken up they don't get cut :), the branch simple push the paper clip upward or push itself downward for the wider opening :) apart from small cut on fan leaves sometimes, no other harms done :) at least I hope so, she's 1 week in 12/12 and started to stretch like mad already, getting difficult to separate them, don't want to do too much till 3 week 12/12 is over, then I give her some little more intense training to arrange all the buds flat across the board :) make use of the 1m/sq the bulb covers hopefully gets enough supply for the summer :)

11. #11 lowryderrocks, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    a little update, a little bigger, ppm is dropping fast, at 800ppm it drops to 600 in 2 days, I'm afraid to go close to 1000 since I read all post that with AN nutes she'll burn at that, but with the rate of the uptake.... she could easily go above that in a week or 2, this is only 10 days 12/12 today

Attached Files:

12. #12 lowryderrocks, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    lets get pulling and tucking :)

Attached Files:

13. better pics today, should start look good in the next 7 days :)

Attached Files:

14. #14 lowryderrocks, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    beginning of 3rd week in 12/12, looking good.....

Attached Files:

15. Damn man, that's crazy with the screen! Never seen it done like that but I always like seeing new/different ways of doing things. Girl looks good brother. I'm at day 19 of my flower and burned mine a little at 1050 PPMs, backed her down to 900 and she loves it. I worried at first that she couldn't handle more than 900. But I'm glad to see someone else in 12/12 running 900. Cheers brother.

16. Meant to ask you...when do you stop defoliating? I pretty much stopped when I flipped because I didn't want to stress anymore while budding. Do you go into flower some?

P.S. Just looked at the finished plant in the screen from your last grow. Fucking awesome man! That canopy looks so precise and pristine. Really well done.

17. #17 lowryderrocks, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    thanks JD,  are you at 900ppm with mix of nutes plus additives? I'm at 16 days today and ppm sits around 1100 including all additives to be used this week which is 4 of them  :eek: at 2ml/liter plus 3ml/liter of A+B bloom, still not giving full on that yet, 3/4 it is, rest are on full

last grow I stopped defoil 10 days before flipping the light and give her another strip down at the start of 4th week

this grow, I did very little stripping, stripping very little week 2 of veg, a little again on 3rd week, no slow down notice, just a little bit each week instead of big strip down every 10 days, and I try hold down as much fan leaves as I could under the tops, cut maybe about 5 or 6 now a week only if they in the way and can't be tuck down anywhere... last one wasn't as big, maybe cause I stripped her too much, this one is bigger with less stripping, both vegged for 8 weeks, but this grow is on Advanced Nutrients with bells and whistles, last grow was ionic grow and bloom with AN bud candy only

I think the last grow I spent too much time messing around with her and stripped her too much :)

here some pic of today :)

16 days 12/12, hope theres another few more days to stretch :)

evening out the canopies nicely there I think :)

Attached Files:

18. #18 lowryderrocks, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    forgot this pic, look what I done to her :)

I get aggressive when I don't know where to put it when pulling it around to find a nice spot :)

Attached Files:

19. #19 OneDayJD, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    Damn man, well done. Beautifully even canopy.

Yeah, 900 is with everything, base nutes, calmag, silica, sensizyme, and bud candy (was using bud ignitor as well for the first three weeks of the flip, just dropped it).

You bring up a good point, which I hadn't thought about. For my base nutes I'm running GH Micro and Bloom (Lucas). But to be honest, I don't even know if I am at full strength yet. Because I add my base nutes, then all my additives and check ppm. I'm likely going to do a flush tonight because I could possibly have some salt buildup. But after that flush when I put in fresh soup, I'm going to mix up soup with full strength Lucas and check the ppms before I put in my additives and see what it is. Because now I'm thinking that maybe I DO have a deficiency and it's because I'm not pushing enough base nutes. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. You may have just solved my mystery!

I also picked up two more air stones today from the hydro shop. My damn root ball is so dense and massive it's eating up my PVC with the air stones. So I'm going to take my smaller air pump that I use to bubble the soup when I'm changing the res and hook it up to give some more air. As long as it doesn't cause much more heat in my res, I will always take more oxygen.

20. #20 lowryderrocks, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    I have my air pumps sit at a cool place where the 2 oscillating fans blows by, my res temp stays around 60f to 65f...

Have a spare piece of card board i think i use that to block the light from the pumps which would cool it a little more :)