white surface on sugar leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Snakeajj1, Sep 8, 2015.

1. I noticed this happening on one of my outdoor grape fruit plants. Does anyone know what this is? is it worth keeping?
    additional info: there is alot of powdery mildew in my area, there doesn't seem to be any on the plant, but that's my main suspect so far.

Attached Files:

2. That does look like PM.

3. Might want to remove that

4. #4 waktoo, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Are you two seriously serious?!?!?!?!???

OP, are you trolling?

Frosty trichomes in NO WAY resemble powdery mildew. There is no fungal mycelium present in the two pic's presented...

5. I'm not here to argue.
    Looks like a super frosty plant to me...

Where are you seeing PM in the photos?

6. #7 Snakeajj1, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    Upon further inspection there definitely seems to be something on there. It is a smaller plant so i am going to rinse it in an h2o2 solution when I harvest, and if it floats out its probably pm, but if not I'm sure I'd be able to separate it in bubble bags.

It seems to be like some crystalline structure, that to me, looked a little different than powdery mildew on a different kind of plant in a different spot of my property. Didn't take a picture but pm seemed to be longer, strands almost .

Attached Files:

7. Still looks like frosty trichomes to me.

Are there signs of powdery mildew anywhere else on the plant? Like on the fan leaves?

8. Compared to everything else in my yard no there may be a tiny bit on the side the gets more wind, but this bud was taken from the other side, with no sign. I did notice some cabbage loop worms eating stigma hairs, on another plant but they were quickly eradicated. Maybe a larger one sat there and had a snack for a while and messed up some headdies. It looked as oily as the resin heads it self

9. That's good, I didn't say it was PM, I said it looks like PM.
    If you see a Crystal structure, you most likely spilled some nutes on it. No big deal.

10. #11 Snakeajj1, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    Nah, im sure its not spilled nutes. Organicly, mixed my soil last fall only added a little worm castings and guano, sprayed with aact during veg and a little BT during flowering, but no other plants had a reaction like this.

Thanks for the feed back everyone!

11. Then I still say it's PM. This is what pm looks like on a leaf that's not in flower...add some trichomes and it looks just like yours.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441851661.532222.jpg
    PM