White stuff on early leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GUYWITHDREADS, Sep 25, 2007.

1. hey guys, jst a question, trying to work out if i got a problem or not, a FREIND has some plants growing, that are around a week and a half to 2 weeks since sprouting. The germinating phase was done and everything, and they are being growing indoors under a 600watt lamb soil based.they are growing really well, but there seams to be sum sort of white stuff forming on the ends of the leaves? It looks liek what woudl be bird shit on a tree leaf on a leaf outdoor, but theres no birds in here? any ideas what this might be? thing is it can be rubbed off with my finger when i rubb the leaves

2. sounds like powdery mildew, mix 4-5 tablespoons of baking soda to a litre of water

spray the affected areas,it wont hurt the plants and will answer the question of mildew or not, it should go away mildew cant live in an alkaline enviroment

get some fans on the plants and dont water so much, if your spraying the plants , stop

3. post a pic man .... looks like a bird shit just on the end ?... very well could be powdery mildew but usually its not just on the ends in just one blob .... ya know hence the name powdery but if you can rub it off n it keeps coming back its probably a mold so yeah listen Ganja Guerilla ... just be good to see a pic cause it is then so seeable :) is seeable a word man ? just looks wrong doesnt it.. ahhhhhh anyway

4. it could be that te water has to much hard minerials in it an the plant is just getting rid of them through the leaves. thats what happened to me so i had to let my water sit for a day or so before i used it