white spots on leaves??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jadatoker, Mar 7, 2011.

1. One of my plants has whits spot on it & I'm not sure what it is my ph is stable so I'm not really sure what's going on or if I should be worried???

2. what do the spots look like exactly and how old are the plants and what kind of enviroment are they in if you can answer those questions i will be able to help you

3. There about three months old & about three feet tall in soil under flor light & cfls but the thing is it only one of the plants that has it if I can ill post a pic later tonight

4. Start off with lowering your humidity and increasing ventilation.
    Mold or Powdery Mildew...but I'll wait for the pics.

Freak
    :smoke:

5. Ok, so now it looks like a Phosphorous deficiency.

Freak

6. I just flushed them & haven't gave them any ferts in about a week so maybe its from that I have some grow big am I not using enough cause I'm still not using its as much as they say on the bottle but I also just bought some nitrozime liquad sea weed today & gunna start using that all the way through is what iv read & heard from thc labs so do u think that sea weed would be enough by its self or should I upp her dose of grow big a little bit ?

7. Hold off on the (Kelp ???) seaweed until u have this
    current issue nailed down.

The Kelp is excellent, but be very careful with it.
    It tends to make the soil acidic, so it will screw
    with the ph once again.

Freak

8. Will do cause its a real pain when my ph gets outta wack I can still use it on my clones right? & what can I do to solve my current problem with her & I really don't want it happing to the rest of them

9. Youve done it - flushed. Now sit back for a cuppla dayz and chill and watch.
    Im positive it will clear up.

Freak

10. Fayette-20110307-00406.jpg here it what the bottle looks like

11. Oh ok,so what do you think the cause could of been ?

12. I'll be honest here...I have no experience with
    The Algae extract.

What are its listed nutrients ???

Freak

13. I'm going to rewrite what's on the back of the bottle

Nitrozime is an all natural marine algae extract that helps promote vigorous growth

Guaranteed analysis 0-4-4
    Available phosphate(p.2.0.5...4%
    Soluble potash(k.2.0...........4%
    Derived from:
    Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed

Nitrozime is highly concentrated..a little goes a long way!

That's all it says other then all the differnt types of applications you can use & the label

14. possible mold, maybe try backing off the algae for a few days to see. How much percentage wise do you estimate is affected with the spots?

15. Not very many just the bottom two sets but my humidity stays about 60 68 at the most & I have a fan from outside of the room blowing fresh air in.I hope its not mold or I'm gunna have to change my set up

16. Im almost positive now that the plant is
    lacking in Nitrogen (N).

Also, if youre gonna use that Algae concentrate - its good,
    but a very mild one.

A mature plant wont do well with it tho, because it doesnt contain
    any N. U will have to augment.

Freak

17. Ok thanks so should I start using my fox farm grow more often? I'm only using it like oncee every two weeks because I was scared id burn the plants

18. By all means, yes, bro.

Start of at a quarter of the dose and work your
    way up to full. Watch the plant. This is where u
    will be able to put your acquired observation skills
    to work.

The plants show us what they need. In time, u will
    know exactly what the plant wants by just one glance.

Remember the too much and too little signs - youve seen them lol ;).

Freak

19. Thanks your a big help thank god for grasscity & its member lol I have to wait tll the soil dry out so I can water them with nutes so do you have any more tips for a newbie like me?

20. Oh & when you say a quater dose there's three differnt amounts of feeding light normal heavy so should I feed a quater dose of light or normal????