White Spots/Holes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PsychEDM, Feb 9, 2018.

1. I am a completely new grower. I’ve done little outdoor grows that have gotten to about 3 leaf size but that’s it. This is my first actually attempt. I am doing it the organic way with just distilled water and organic soil. I am official on day 7 of my 2 girls. Now. One of them has this white hole on the leaf and I wanna be able to fix it. And I know if you find defects and fix them it should be good as long as you fix it ASAP. So. Can anyone tell me what I need to prevent this? I’m using 2 100W CFL 1500 lumins. I’ve got another lightbulb and socket if it’s a lighting issue. Besides all the nutrients. Yes I know it needs nutrients. lol but please be specific because I am still new to the growing side of Cannabis. Thanks in advanced.
    95D50594-9115-486A-8C8C-259B7FBE5F86.jpeg 2E0E109C-3F4F-4C5C-8324-3D2C8129225F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Could be bugs or could just be normal. I get random holes in my leaves every once in a while. If it continues to most of the leaves then you need to add a safe insecticide for your plant. But im thinkin its not bugs. And just to let you know that if you look at the package on your cfls, if it say 100w equivalent, its not 100 actual watt. Its probably 23 or so actual watts, in which case, your going to need another 77 watts minimum PER plant to see them all the way threw flowering. Its very doubtful that you have 100w true cfls

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. No, you don't want to start feeding them yet.
    They are still in the seedling stag. When they have 5 true sets of leaves then you could start them on half and work your way up but not till then....ok

Will

4. Agree with both. 1 random hole is nothing to worry about. You get the odd one here and there.also too soon for nutes. You said organic? How exactly?

• Like Like x 1
  5. to play it safe . just mist the leaves with water . it will take care of any bugs if there are any .

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wanna try it with just water and soil. No nutrients or ph balancing.

7. What
    What do you mean by feed them? Lol

8. I mean no nutrients

9. If you want to use no nutients threw the grow, you really need to use a super soil that will give it to them without adding it throught. If not then you will see all kinds of deficiencies that will either slowly kill your plants or give you very little to no bud. Basically just growing bad hemp. Any kind of nutirent is better than none. Even from walmart, if its about the money part.

10. Unless you've made the soil yourself with all the things needed it ain't gonna work. Unless you've gone for a organic brand such as bio bizz (with the bio bizz nutes) it ain't organic. If you have normal soil and your only adding water, (distilled water is worse!) you won't make it to flower.

You need to do a lot more research dude...

Www.Groweedeasy.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agreed^ organic doesnt mean no nutients. Its means natural, from the earth nutrients. Non chemical.

• Like Like x 1
  12. True organic is living soil.
    No plant nutrients needed. All the plant needs is in the soil and made available to the plant through the soils microbiome.
    No pH adjustment needed all though it makes keeping your soil alive easier.
    Use regular tap water that has been dechlorinated.

13. I was just stating no nutrients durning seedling stage. If he feeds durning that time he or she will have problems.
    Only feed after they have 5 or more true sets of leaves. Then start feeding then your nutrients..

14. Walmart carries nutrients?! Please do explain. Because I was originally gonna do like a Walmart grow. Everything I have is from walmart(except my CFLs because apparently Walmart stopped carrying them). If you anyone can give me names or products that would be adviced to be used, PLEASE inform me. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Now before I used anything else I always used Advance Nutrient P H Perfect

• Like Like x 2