White Rhino outdoors- Need some advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LowOnGravity, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Hi all,

This is basically my first successful grow. I kinda didn't even expect to get this far; it was mainly a learning experience and a good way to practice some techniques. Anyway, this little white rhino plant has been flowering since august 27th and was doing great up until about three weeks ago. Since then, its been progressively showing yellowing leaves that are withering and dying. Many people have told me its simply what happens during flower, yet i want to be sure. Here are the specs;

Photo Album - Imgur

White Rhino (Flowering since Aug. 27th)
    Soil: Kelloggs+Topsoil+Perlite+Worm Castings
    Amendments: FF trio, didnt start tiger bloom until last week
    11-12 hours daylight
    Water every 3-4 days and feed according to schedule

Please let me know if you have any solutions or tips for the final few weeks! Constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

LOG

2. could be bud worm or something? spend more time with your plants they may show you an answer the forum won't

3. It could be blight, but like Cannabis said.

4. I've spent quite a lot of time with this one, and very few buggies have turned up on it. those that have (saw a whitefly once, only one) have been removed (and dealt with... heh). I also think that blight would have killed it sooner, as this problem has been continuing for a few weeks at least.

My first reaction was that it was potassium of phosphorus deficient because I started with the Tiger Bloom a bit late. Any other ideas or suggestions?

5. Hey LOG, your plant looks pretty good. At this point I wouldn't fret about the yellow leaves. You are doing everything right: lots of sunlight, watering & feeding on a schedule, decent soil. As you know, yellow leaves will happen at this phase of the plants cycle, and you will continue seeing them. You should expect the plant to be finished around the end of this month, which isn't too far away. By the way, your yellow leaves look good - no brown spots or necrosis happening. White Rhino is some potent stuff. Enjoy.

6. Hi all,

Wanted to toss y'all an update. Those pics were taken about a week ago, so they're slightly outdated. Ive made an new Imgur album with some pics taken a day ago.

Unfortunately, some sketchy little spots are showing up, and honestly, its a little bit concerning.

Photo Album - Imgur

I went into this project not expecting anything --a good learning experience at most-- so I guess I need to keep that mindset. Its damn frustrating though, as I've gotten this far.

7. Log, what is so frustrating about it? If you're not enjoying the gardening part of it, then maybe this little learning experience is telling you that mj cultivation is not your cup of tea.

8. No, not what i meant haha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I fucking love this project. Its basically what I spend my time on after work. I've made a journal, pictures everyday, diagrams, deficiency notes... the whole nine yards.

Its frustrating not knowing why certain things are happening (like those brown spots) and its even more frustrating not knowing how i can help my plant. Maybe I'm being an overprotective parent.

I've got my fingers crossed that ittl pull through and it doesnt have some weird ass fungus or something.

9. The purp spots could possibly be from temperature decreasing. I know in my area it's getting real cold and i'm pretty sure that at a certain temperature the leaves'll change color.

10. What is your Ph?

11. The Ph dropped a bit (6.2-6.3) once I started giving it TB. However, giving it TB also halted the progression of the yellowing leaves, making me think that it was deficient in phosphorus and potassium. I cant explain the brown/ purple spots though. I suppose it could be temperature, although we haven't had too large of fluctuations yet.