white powder on leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LilGreenThumb, Aug 8, 2009.

1. whats the best thing for it? safer 3n1 sucks! i clean my leaves everyday but every morning there always like 3 new leaves with it and even sometimes ill clean them and spray them it goes away but then there another 2-3 or leaves pops up with it later in the day. lucky that i can tend to my plants alot or else i think this powder shit would be bad.

please help. i guessing neem oil? but its really hot here in the day 90's

2. bro, sounds like you have "powdery Mildew" and the "spraying" your doing is making is it worse..."do not" spray any water on plants! Only water at the ground level and forget misting! Powdery mildew will stunt the growth cycle and yield....

3. how do i get rid of it

4. Do a google for powderly mildew. There is a milk recipe and an Baking soda and dish soap recipe.

Both of these methods are used by gardeners in the garden. Not sure about MJ garden though. But it is a start unless there is a recipe just for MJ plants I do not know about.

5. yeah i saw that one i guess worth a shot

6. take a gallon of water add ph up to bring it to 8.5 ph mist the hole plant uder side top all of it add 2 drops of soap tada

7. #7 Corto Malteze, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    Put 15% low fat milk (not reg.) 85% water and a drop or two of soap. Spray it on the plants every few days until you notice it's gone. Some strains are more susceptible to powdery mildew so if it's the case keep at it as a preventative measure. Mildew comes from lack of fresh air so I'm guessing they're indoor? You should air it out max and prevent humidity and heat.

OR

Neem once in a while can help against Pow. mil. (not often because of the burn with the sun/lights). Also helps against insects.

OR

10 % baking soda and water: raises pH so mildew dies. Use for 3 days, then wash leaves with plain water. Very known method.

OR

Garden sulfur spray (common and not toxic either against PM bacteria): use only in veg. and then stop before flowering so it wears off by harvest. If sprayed on buds, they will taste like sulfur.

OR

Serenade (brand).

You shouldn't smoke buds if they have powdery mildew (very bad for lungs) so careful with that.

Good luck.

8. thanks man good help im going to try that.yeah if it gets bad ill cut the bitch down