White pistals turning purple

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dro_blower, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Hey yall hows it going? Today I went outside to see how my big girl was doing and her hairs are turning purple and the bottom part of the flower is beginning to cola. Is it normal for the hairs to change colors before its time to harvest? If anyone knows anything about this write back. MUCH LOVE

2. Yea actually if you are talking about a redish purple stripe right thru the center of the hairs it's usually a very good strain. Mine do the some and I have a late flowering killer strain. CHECK OUT MY PICS NEW POSTS or GENERAL OUTDOOR GROW under STICKY GIRL #2 and STICKY GIRL. And good luck with your grow.

3. [quote name='Dro_blower']Hey yall hows it going? Today I went outside to see how my big girl was doing and her hairs are turning purple and the bottom part of the flower is beginning to cola. Is it normal for the hairs to change colors before its time to ote]

4. OOps that was an accident

5. Purpling is either strain based or simply because of colder temps.. Last year the tips of the hairs on my buds turned purple just cause of the cold nights..

It's perfectly normal as well as very beautiful!

hope this helped..

6. Mine also just started going purple about a week ago im growing the New Purple Power any idea what week of flowering this usually happens. Probably due to cold weather.

7. Well I live in Pensacola Florida so its definatley not cold weather