White mold or mildew on tops of soil.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brightgreen, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Can't tell what it is, but all of my soil is covered in white mold or something. Its starting to get real ugly and i want it gone whether or not its affecting my plants. peroxide usually works on the green mold, and i have some 35% peroxide so i can make it to any strength necessary. any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated

2. First thing i would do is get some air moving in there. If there is mold developing then your soil must be too wet for too long. But then again there could be alot of things that can effect that. Im a big fan of neem oil which seems like it helps again mold and mildew and like protects the plant, but i wouldnt spray past 30 days after 12/12, since you usally have good resin production by then. But i would just let your soil dry out and see if that helps the issue, then if it contiunes, then i would probly look for a spray, cant think of any names atm... but good luck and hope this helps!

3. I water only about once a week so the soil stays dry on top. also have 3 fan and a rockin vent system on my lights, so i know air flow isnt an issue

4. Hrm then it must be something else that is causing that? perhaps there is something in your water reacting with your ferts?

5. I had the same problem, watered once a week, until i watered one day and when i returned there was white mold shit stuck everywhere on my top soil, waited until my next watering it went away. Hope it makes sense pretty baked......

6. It usally goes away with airflow and dryness. So thats kind of weird, but treatable. You can use many methods like sulphur, milk and colloidal silver they all help but I like to use proxide mixing it with water use 30% peroxide as you already have. What I do is dilute it 3 parts water 1 part peroxide. You will then have something like 7-1/2% solution. You may want to make this a little weaker considering the soil kind of fizzes like when you clean a wound with the stuff. But I have also noticed this works well for insects as well.

7. That's if its mold pics please