White mold on Rockwool

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Mr Auto, Jan 28, 2012.

1. About 3 weeks after i started some clones in rockwool cubes the cubes had algae grow on them, which is not usually a big deal, but then over the next week a gray mold developed, it grows in little circular spots, its not powerdery mildew, and i already sprayed a fungicide and hydrogen peroxide neither of which helped, any ideas? (also will be posting picture in the next day or two)

2. hey bro that sucks . have you tried mixin 1 tsp per gallon in your rez and running it through in stead of spraying?. i use dutch master gold zone and nothin grows in my shit anymore. after you fix the prob i would cover it from the light. it needs photosynthesis to survive. good luck peace:smoke:

3. Hell yea bro will give that a try, much thanks for replyin, i knew the algae needed photosynthesis but for some reason my brain never connected the mold with that either :) guess i've been partaking in the right amount of meds :) peace

4. algae growth on rockwool cubes should be prevented anyway.... the reason being it can lead to other complications..... that could be one of them..... I would scrape the stuff off and cover those cubes.... as far as my experience goes I NEVER let the light hit the cubes. If you do that it's guaranteed 100% you will never have issues like that again...:wave:

5. no problem bro hope you get that shit under control.its always a must to stay well medicated. peace :smoke:

6. I never got mold, but got plenty of fungus gnats from damp rockwool exposed to the light. I fixed by using rockwool covers, that keep the light from the rockwool. problem solved.