Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

White lighter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by eagleboy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. I have heard that using a white lighter brings bad luck ir some stuff like that. Do any of you believe this? If so please explain yourself.

2. Why would a COLOR of a lighter bring someone bad luck? Think about it

3. It's stoner superstition, look it up on urban dictionary. I can't even find white lighters but I wouldn't care, though I know that some idiots will refuse a white lighter if passed around in a circle or something.

4. I don't believe in superstition, or luck, or karma, or spirit/soul, or monsters, or vampires, or god, or jesus, or whatever-have-you, because if you do, you officially have schizophrenia.

5. Don't understand the logic behind this. I know someone who would rather have NO lighter, than a White lighter. :confused:

6. No It doesnt matter

7. ive only ever used white lighters. no bad luck here bitches

[​IMG]

8. Who do you believe crated this world then ?

9. My Dad never ever used to use red lighters for superstitious reasons passed it on to me, I never use them. Rather white than red.

10. Let's please not start a religious debate. Never ends well. And it is completely off topic

11. All bic lighters are white if you pull the colored plastic wrap off.

12. I believe it derives from when one puts out a cherry with a white lighter, it leaves residue visible on the white part which could provide an officer an opportunity to search if he sees it. Idk, I think its all bs.

13. Was this world necessarily "crafted"?

14. all bic lighters do not come with plastic wrap.

p.s. the color of your lighter has zero effect on anything.

15. Hahaha guess they aren't getting a hit! :smoking:

16. I use one, bring it on bad luck :smoking:

17. Not true...

18. The person who created this myth is laughing his ass off.

19. Why would I do that?

20. OP, the reason people won't use white lighters and think they are bad luck is because of an old stoner legend.

They say that Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, and I think 2 other people all were found dead from overdoses while carrying white lighters. They say that white lighters are cursed, and people blame everything from having accidents, getting caught, spilling the bongwater, breaking a piece, you name it, on using a white lighter.

The most widely accepted origin of this myth, is that white lighters get noticeably dirtier when you stamp out the cherry of your bowl with one, and these dirty lighters got stoners caught.

edit: from my understanding, none of the dead rockstars were ACTUALLY found with white lighters in their possession, in case you were wondering.