White Lighter Bad Luck???

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by D3vO, Feb 7, 2006.

1. #281 Aivey, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    My favorite lighter is white, and it's brought me nothing but good luck. I had it since I was twelve and used it to smoke my first joint and I only use it for really special occasions now, which is why it has lasted me for ages. :hello:

2. Going to exclusively buy white lighters from now on because of this stoner superstition.

3. some terrible things happened while in possession of a white lighter, but its very easy to blame things on this superstition when it happens.

4. never had one. i prefer light blue lighters (i use clipper). you can still see how much fluid it still has. and i know this post has 5 years old lol

5. yeah man, white lighters are bad luck, i broke my hella nice pipe first time using a white lighter, then i lost 50 dollars worth beer and weed second time i used a white lighter. THEY ARE CURSED, dont fuckin use them, its NEVER worth it

6. Yes white lighters are bad luck, spilling salt will send you to hell, and if you walk under a ladder you will spontaneously combust:rolleyes:

7. According to UrbanDictionary.com:

"The real history to the white lighter myth and why they are unlucky is based on four famous and revolutionary musicians of the second half of the 20th century. Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrex, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain were all left-handed, all died at the age of 27, and all their autopsies reported that a white bic lighter was found in their pockets. This is why it is said that white lighters are unlucky. So if you are 27 and left-handed, don’t use a white bic lighter, you will die.

8. On October 29th I decided to go to my usual smoking spot since I wasn't able to smoke at home at the moment. In a hurry to grab things, I picked up my friend's white lighter that was on top of my desk. I don't believe in curses, but it should be noted that it wasn't my lighter, I was just grabbing my friends because I didn't want to search for mine.

Least to say, I want to my usual spot behind an abandoned car dealership, did my usual thing, but then something unusual happened. I got busted. Charged with a DUI, Class B Possession charge, and 3 counts of paraphernalia. I've been to that spot probably around 20-30 times over the past year or so. But this time someone must of seen me pull in and disappear, and reported it as suspicious activity. Looks like Court Supervision will make this all go away though, besides the fees of course. Lost sight of the amount of risk I was taking by smoking in my car since I had gotten away with it so much. Reminder to you all, it's not worth it. Smoke at home.

9. last 2 times i used a white lighter the axels on my car broke and a hub cap fell off, and this one just happened last nite, i was in the same building as my dealer when police ran up on him, saw the whole thing... shits crazy... needless to say i am never allowing anyone who owns a white lighter in my car again

10. the only white one i have is one of those special edition lighters which i tore the plastic wrap off of. not sure if it counts.

11. at first i was like

[​IMG]

than i was like

[​IMG]

moral of the story? well shit happens i bought a white lighter and got cought by my parents do i believe in superstition no but shit happens

:smoke::smoke:

12. Black lighters are the real evil

13. I think the whole mentality behind the 'superstitious white lighter' thing is based on the fact that so many things can go wrong during a smoking session. Cops, parents, broken paraphernalia (that shit is all glass) the list goes on and on. When you get drunk, really nothing is a buzzkill as long as your still drunk, the whole experience is sort of a blur. But if you're stoned and something shitty happens it feels 10x shittier and lasts 10x longer (or at least it feels like it) So I say, if not using a white lighter seems like a preventative measure for some negative, unforeseen event (however questionable) so be it. We stoners need all the luck we can get :smoke:

GC newbie shoutout! :wave:

14. I love white lighters; I can see how much fluid I have at a glance. Not a big deal though. And OP, if I got a parking ticket with my friends they wouldn't chip in even a penny since I was the one who parked there.

Why did CAPSLOCK BANDIT like over 200 posts?! Musta been really fried one night...

15. I love white lighters. Carrying one right now as usual.

16. Im not a believer of the whole white lighter myth. its colored plasted nothing else.
    well i was at the drug store and buying some munchies for later and i needed a new lighter so i bought one with the Philladelphia Phillies logo on it. later that night i used it with some friends. well apperently the thin red pin stripes and the logo were on a plastic sleve around a white lighter and one of my friends tore off the plastic.
    The next morning I felt like having a good old wake and bake so i rolled a joint and grabbed the white lighter heading out the back door only now realizing that it was white but it was the only lighter i had. but what are you going to do? So im sitting under my deck smoking, watching birds fly by and having a good time. all of a sudden my mom comes home, she usually is at work until 1 when she comes home for lunch. she sticks her head out the back garage door to see what im doing. so i tried to play it off like im smoking a cigg. she goes inside but im still pretty sure that she knew what i was doing.
    again i still dont believe in the myth but it was still pretty sketchy

17. My white lighter is in my pocket. Its my good luck colour.

18. fuck white lighter, i was at the skatepark today and i had to smoke a ciggy. i didn't have a lighter so i asked my friend to use his and he lit my ciggy with a white lighter. the whole time i was skating i was eating mad shit, i got palm bruise, scrapes on my elbows, and my back too. whenever i would eat shit, i always landed my trick after. so basically i had to eat shit to be able to land the my tricks lol

19. I had a bic with a nice fox graphic on it, I was high and not thinking so I tore it off for a friend to hang up in his room. Another friend warned me that white lighters are bad luck and I need to be careful, so that night I wrapped it in stylized duct tape so people who were scared of white lighters wouldn't freak. The next day after a session, I got my lighter back right away because it was easily recognizable.

Duct tape is just the right size to wrap a mini bic, and you can get it in all sorts of designs. I have 'Rock', camo, and 2 different tie-dyes. No more accidentally pocketed lighters for me, and people who are scared of white lighters don't freak out. :)

20. :eek: Racist.