White Lighter Bad Luck???

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by D3vO, Feb 7, 2006.

1. I know that many people believe that white lighters are bad luck. Personally I didn't until last night, when I smoked with my friends using a white lighter.

The night started off as a usual one, just sitting around passing around a bong watching some TV, except that we were using a white lighter (something I have never done before last night). As my one friend goes to pass the bong (not to me) it somehow slips thru the other persons hands lands on the floor and breaks. This is the first piece that my circle of friends has ever broken so this is pretty major. Well we still have weed and now we're all depressed because the bong is broken and nothing left to smoke out of so we head out for a trip to the store for some food.

We pick up some munchies and on our way back my friend gets a call from a guy who is bored and wants to smoke with us, may I mention that he has a sweet bubbler. So we head over to this guys house for some more smoking. So we're there smoking some bowls and eating our food when all of a sudden the garage opens. His parents get home from their trip early :eek: . We boot it out the back and get to our car to get away when we see we got a parking ticket. The ticket was for 40 bones and even though it wouldn't cost that much because we were splitting it, it only added to the bad night. Well at this time I say something about the white lighter and we all head home.

This night did suck but I don't think it was because of the white lighter, how many people actually believe in white lighters = bad luck?

2. I just avoid using white lighters because im a little supersticious (How the hell is that spelled lol?)

Id rather not take any chances, sounds like you had a crappy night I blame the white lighter :)

Hopefully some better luck hits ya hehe :smoke:

3. I question the mental capacity of anyone who believes the pigment on a piece of plastic can have a profound effect on the events in your life.

I use lighters of all colors all the time.

4. i dont believe it, but id usually buy blue or red lighters anyways, but if all i have is a white lighter i dont think twice before using it...

5. I heard white and yellow lighters bring you bad luck, so i try to avoid them, just so i don't tempt fate. then some girl at the shop i go to gave me a yellow lighter and nothing bad happened. however i did get caught by my folks the other day so if u wanna believe that it's due to the bad luck of the lighter then be my guest but i'm pretty sure it was coincidence.

6. I absolutely do not believe in the bad luck thing, just a coincidence that sucked balls. I'll smoke with any color lighter and not worry.

7. Ive heard that too, I have a friend that swears by it, but I dont really care.

This does remind me of an intersting point brought up by my buddy when we were tokin, Is a white lighter still bad luck when its covered with tape, or in a case(like the bic mini cases) If you cant see that its white, is it still bad luck? We had a debate for hours on end about this one!!!

Along the lines of lighter superstition, I myself only buy black bic lighters, and if they dont light the very first time, I blow em up. But thats just me....

8. Let me let you guy's in on some old religious knowledge that is absolutely true.

We manifest our own reality and life just by our thoughts and expectations. When you believe in superstitions, you start to notice something (for example a white lighter) and then you will be thinking "oh shit hope this isnt bad luck". This will then manifest into your reality since your attracting negative things towards you because you expect it. The trick is to not believe. For every person who's been caught up with a white lighter there are probaly many more who have had bad things happen when they have their zippo, clear or colored lighter.

9. OBVIUOSLY I CAME TO THIS POST LAST WEEK FOR A REASON!!! I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED. I HAD A COMPLETELY CLEAN WHITE BIC (NOT EVEN A RESINY BOTTOM, BRAND NEW, SAFETY ON AND ALL, AND HAD THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE YESTERDAY, ENDING ONLY IN JAIL ON POSSESSION AND PARAPHENALIA CHARGES.

BEWARE THE WHITE BIC! IT'S TRUE!

-rICKy

10. Agreed and nicely said.

11. I dont care man but I find it creepy since i thougght that this whole thing was lame and then today at 430 i pull out my lighter and then reach in to grab stem for bong
    and boom
    its gone:'(
    it actually was a really bad moment causae it had color changed so much

12. :) So, from what i can tell no one knows where this myth of the white lighter came from? And is it bad if you carry it OR only when you use it? I personally don't get it, but I would like to understand the myth!

ps. I've Got Munchies

13. i think it just makes you nervous to use a white lighter. a few nights ago i was leaving my house through my window so my mom wouldnt worry about me being out at night. well, my friend gave me a white lighter, and i was a little high lol, but it was hell getting out the window. i usually get out in like 7 seconds and dont make any noise, but this time it took me a minute and i kept hitting things.

14. You said it

15. i thought pigment was a substance whose presence in the tissues or cells of animals or plants colors them.

pigment does not belong on lighters.:smoking:

16. I somehow lost a white lighter while on a run back in some trails. I was real blazed and didn't think I'd ever find it. On my back I found it sitting right where I was smoking (I could have sworn I put it in my pocket, because I remember thinking to myself "oh yeah dont forget about the lighter"). So, in my case it brought me good luck. But, maybe only to screw me over in the long run. Although, I'm with the other guy who doesn't believe in nonsensual myths such as the color of a lighter determining your luck.

Oz.

17. But at the same time it's kind of fun to believe in this silly stuff sometimes. Plus it gives you something light hearted to talk about if you ever are passing around a white lighter.

18. You do realize that the fear of white lighters is actually a realization of the resin staining left from the bowl upon the light exterior of the lighter, correct?

It's 'unlucky' because police officers have an easier time identifying you as a stoner.
    It's not 'unlucky' because it somehow effects the events of your trip.

19. i look at white lighters as lucky...which i why i got one on me all the time..then again i was born on friday the 13th

20. Here in NC red lighters are considered bad luck but i've never heard about white lighters being bad luck.