White lighter bad luck CURSE

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Purged1234, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Who all believes in this?

I used to say it was bullshit, and that i didn't believe in luck/chance/fate and believed everything happened for a logical reason.

Slight anecdote... My religious standpoint is essentially agnostic. I do not deny God, i merely ask for evidence before i ever subscribe to any religious doctrine.

My friend is still entirely against the white lighter bad luck curse, saying its all bullshit and that believing in it as an agnostic is hypocritical of me (He's atheist..) but after a few recent occurences and noticing i was using a white lighter for that session, or had one on me, it turned me into a believer.

Recently, i posted a thread saying how i was almost busted and ended up smoking with a cop. That story was FACT and is the result of an entire toke session using a white lighter, having a white lighter in my pocket at the time, and my friend demeaning the white lighter curse the entire night. He was talking so much shit about it, so i pocketed the white lighter and lo and behold that shitfest unfolded. He was facing 10 years because on probation and yet he STILL wont believe in it.

Share your white lighter stories, standpoints and whatnot.

Generally
    When i use a white lighter, i have a very paranoid and unenjoyable high as the MILDEST of circumstances.

Every single time i have gone through a road block, i will light up a cig and notice that i have a white lighter in my pocket.

When my car was searched and bowl found (and broken :( ) i had used the bowl merely an hour before WITH A WHITE LIGHTER!!

Only recently looking back onto this i have personally SWORN off white lighters. I would rather NOT SMOKE then to smoke using a white lighter.

EDIT!!!! oh and the most recent recent white lighter curse happened last night. My dad comes home at 2 AM from work every day. Never misses a beat. He is very ANTI MJ.

I was smoking a bowl at 10:30 PM thinking im in the clear, standing outside in the drive way by the tree line, toking up with a white navy zippo and my dad rolls into the driveway. RUN!! haha.

Fuck white lighters!

2. i belive in the white lighter bad luck, ive gotten a ticket after using a white lighter b4

3. i dont believe in the white lighter curse, because its the yellow lighter thats cursed :p

4. Every single time I've gotten caught it was with a white or yellow lighter. Now I refuse to use either.

5. yesterday having a red lighter and smoking with it, my hair went up in flames, lost an entire pack of cigarettes, and got attacked by a huge moth. i'm TERRIFIED of anything with more than four legs. if anything, i'm scared of red lighters. though i am scared of whtie because it generally means cops.

6. I believe in the white lighter bad luck too man. Though I must say I've never had a bad experience after using one. The reason I believe in it is because I have seen a lot of people get fucked over and it's all after using a white lighter. However, I think that the bad luck surrounding white lighters feeds off from people who are scared of using one, and in all actuality if you use one w/out even thinking about the bad luck stories that follow the use of a white lighter you should be ok. Night before last my friends and I had a sesh and we all used a white lighter but no one freaked out about it...and nothing has happened to any of us yet. Respect the curse but don't fear it because then it can get you.

Oh and I've used a white lighter and a yellow one in conjunction and I didn't even know yellow ones were supposedly bad luck too haha...and I'm still here lol.

7. i've never heard of a yellow lighter curse??

8. Throw your white lighter away and don't buy another :wave:

I use a Zippo- they're lucky :cool:

9. it's just the color of the lighter man. It's not unlucky or lucky at all. It's all in your head.

10. Before this week, I had a slight respect for the white lighter curse, but now i'm a believer. I was with two friends, when one of them got a call that the police were looking for him in relation to some erm....stolen goods (He was keeping some things over a friends house and the police went to that house looking arond). Well he starts flipping out and is all stressed out so i suggest rollin up a nice blunt to relieve some tension. After rolling it, I ask my other friend in the backseat for her lighter...IT WAS WHITE :eek:!!! W/o hesitating I threw the lighter out the window. She was pissed but I told her I'd buy another and that I didnt want that shit in my car. Well lo and behold not even 15 minutes later my friend gets another call saying that his name checks out and that he doesnt have anything to worry about!!

And now I'm a believer.

11. You had better have bought her one of them pink bics. I would've kicked your hiney if you threw my lighter out the window.

Yeah, i don't believe in that white lighter shit. Until I'm pregnant due to a smoking session with a white lighter, I don't think I'll ever believe it either. ;)

12. I got her a purple one lol. she wasnt too mad at the time, she knew i was good for it.

13. i feel like i don't really care a white lighter because i like colors, personally i'm a blue bic guy. and really it's the mini bic curse which is way worse.

14. I never believed in it until....

This pothead in my math class (when I was a sophomore) told me to go through her backpack and I'll find something I like in there. So I find a sack and I figured she'd let me have it, she said no take the lighter. Cus earlier I told her mine was out, didn't remember. It was white. I didn't use it for about 3 months because I had my "Go Green" zippo. But when the guy who filled it for me was gone I had no choice but to use the white one. Oh yeah forgot to add the girl gave me it cus she said it was cursed.

So when I smoke it's about 3 days with the white lighter before I get my first,new pipe! A week later....Busted! The pipe was in my desk, I wasn't even smoking my dad busted in and said he could smell pot. I still think it was my sister. But she was never caught doing it, so they wouldn't assume her. He searched all my shit and eventually found my pipe. I got it back and still have it in my pipe collection nowadays. Least I don't have to worry bout hiding shit now >.>

Fuck white lighters!

15. I think the proof is in the pudding here people.

Everyone who does believe in it... seem to also have their own superstitions!

Funny that these people have ENTIRELY different curses! :p

It's just a color people, if you get caught with "X" color "article of clothing" you don't admonish those color clothes as unlucky, do you?

Lighter fluid, ignition and whatnot.. that is all lighters are. :smoke:

16. hes right... its just all in your head... if you believe in something enought itll happen. so stop being so paranoid

17. That makes total sense. Bic is using black magic to curse everyone that uses there white product............................................................................................................................................

18. you guys are right it is all in your head. but just to be safe stay away from white lighters.

19. it's a white lighter.........

grow up and stop believing in magic.

20. i dont believe in any sort of god, and i saw straight through my parent's santa claus and easter bunny bullshit before i could even read. i am by no means superstitious, but the one thing i believe in is the white lighter curse.

for a while i wasnt completely convinced if it was true, but just to be safe i made sure no one would ever smoke with me or out of my pipe with a white lighter. one day however, this chick im smoking with whips out a white lighter and i tell her to use mine instead. so we're toking for a while and uses her lighter instead just to be a bitch. i didnt notice for until a good five minutes after she did it because by this time i was pretty baked. i got upset, but im pretty chill when im high so i didnt make a big deal. hours later, im walking along with my week-old pipe in my pocket, still wrapped in the bubble wrap the woman at the shop put it in, and i hear a shatter on the ground and immediately know what happened

by the way, i dont think the white lighter curse is actually a curse or some kind of voodoo, but i do think it may be some kind of butterfly effect (except consistent) associated with weed. i dont know, but either way im not using them