White Hole/Black Hole theory

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by saltpaTROLL, Dec 9, 2018.

1. What are your thoughts on the white hole/black hole theory?
    I honestly think the idea is interesting.

If you don't know, the theory is that if you were to go through a black hole, you'd come out of a white hole on the other side. This is because all of the energy the black hole sucked in kind of explodes out the other side.

Some people think this could have been what caused the big bang, & if that's the case, then every black hole in our universe could potentially contain another universe.

The idea of that honestly just blows my mind, & I'd like to believe it's true because what is happening with all that energy? Energy is dispersed, so where's it all going?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I guess if people buy into black holes then why not buy into white ones?

I am dubious of both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That would depend on what's beyond the other end of the hole, wouldn't it?
    It'd be cool if we could drop a ball of wire down that hole and tap into the free energy.
    It could power up a laser to shoot a beam back to earth, where it can be collected in a dish and converted to A/C. The collector dish can be mounted at the north pole so the laser will have line of sight as the earth rotates.
    When we get all the bugs worked out, we can put another set up directed at another collector dish at the south pole and get double the energy.

How long does it take a black hole to burn out? I'm gonna visit the high ideas forum. brb

4. #4 Praetorian, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    I've found black holes fascinating since the first time I heard of one as a little kid.

I mean....wtf nature?? There are these balls that swim through space and can swallow entire systems whole...and no one knows where it goes?

You don't have to be a stoner to realize there's some really, really weird stuff going on out there in reality.

It does help:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  5. I know absolutely zip about black holes.

I even have a hard time visualizing how you'd poke a hole in space.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Basically, what might be going on here, is a real-life demonstration of the "Multiple Universe" theory.
    This entity swirls through space and it transports colossal amounts of matter and energy into an in-explainable void.

[​IMG]

If that doesn't spell out "portal" then I don't know what does.

7. black holes is how we travel

8. See, I'm having a hard time getting my mind to think in that direction.
    How did you get this picture without being sucked in?
    Or
    How can there be a hole in vacuum?
    I guess I'm just too simple to get what a black hole is.

9. The pic is CGI. Any real pic of a black hole that we have is shot from far, far away.

I don't see why a hole cannot exist in a vacuum. Space being a vacuum does not prevent it from being tearable/openable. Wormholes would be another example of this.

upload_2019-1-6_13-22-1.png

I'd say we're all "too simple" to really get what a black hole is, since we really don't know.
    We've never explored one from anywhere near close, and we sure as hell never went through one or even sent a probe into it that could report back.

10. I think black hols are interesting too, but it's too bad we can't send someone or something into one to see whats in it. If someone even got close to one they would experience a gravitational pull so strong not even light can escape it and they would be ripped into peaces as time slowed down for them due to the intense gravitational force. Interesting stuff.

11. Way over my head. Without searching around, is there proof that black holes exist? Hubble telescope pics etc?

J

12. Does the white-hole owe the black-hole reparations?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Could be I'm stuck on a play of words/definitions.
    A vacuum, in my mind, represents a low pressure. Not necessarily empty. A container divided down the center, with positive (higher) pressure in one side, and negative (lower) pressure in the other side. Without a tightly sealed barrier, the high pressure will flow to the negative side until both sides become equal in pressure. I am in the mindset that space wouldn't be a complete, or 'perfect' vacuum because there is stuff (particles) present. But certainly qualifies as lower pressure once you reach beyond planetary atmosphere. This, btw, is where I might see substance in your comment of space being torn or opened.

Looking at the photo above, be it realistic or just concept animation, I'm thinking anything having a positive pressure would be drawn into the low pressure center. Either everything around that low pressure center would collapse into the center, unless there is some tightly sealed barrier we don't see, or, the low pressure in the center would be dispersed throughout it's entire confinement..... which is vast open space on the other side as far as we know. At any rate, wouldn't simple physics dictate that somehow pressures will equalize?

It's probably obvious by now that I know nothing about black holes. It's raining right now and I'm bored and pulling discussion out of my ass.
    My only experience with pressure differences stems from my career dealing with hydraulics, pneumatics, venturies and the likes here on Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sue is god
    cuz, its the kids/gz, in the sun
    her name: $o Good

15. I think that's the key component to recognize: Space plays by its own rules when reality breaking phenomena like black holes happen.

I don't want to turn this into sci-fi deliberately, but to me, it seems any time we are dealing with processes so colossal and devastating, we cannot easily apply earthbound limitations and laws.

As it stands, black holes can swallow entire star systems and move on without as much as a burp.
    Any process that can do that is extraordinary to say the least.
    What laws we believe they do or do not follow, I would examine with a major grain of salt.

16. Sue was a boy whose daddy left when he was three.

17. Maybe it simply is nothing.

No light without dark after all.

[​IMG]

18. When we consider fractals maybe a black hole it the TLD of autophagy

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Interesting concept.
    This would imply that a process occurred that would incite the organism (The galaxy) to self-consume.

What Would be the trigger?

20. The body performs it to clean out all the shit to dumb the answer down.

Maybe, just maybe its how the universe (and beyond) cleans up. I for one subscribe to the following scientific theories that are considered trite, but perhaps not fact:

Everything is made of energy (light),
    All matter has a source code (eg DNA).

Taking those presuppositions I would put forward that the we are all cells within a human 'body'. We are a smaller fractal and our brains are a further step down of another universe. All that is was and can be is contained within that universe, and the universe at it's core and in our reality is merely a display of data. Data held in energy form (waves and this turns to matter when under observation).

So back to your question, what triggers a black hole eating a whole star system is someone dying on the world we think we experience or a fractal world further up the chain.