Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

White hairs inside bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by aToker, Apr 9, 2014.

1. #1 aToker, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    I picked up an eighth like I always do from my favorite dispensary, they have the best around. Usually doesn't disappoint and this stuff was really good. But me and my friend both broke open two small sized nugs (.2-.3) but it was dense as a rock so we broke it in half and there was these white hairs or something I don't even know.

They were about 1/4 inch-1 inch and it kind of grossed me out because the only logical thing I can think of is spider mites but I'm not sure.
    You might say that it's just from other people or a sweater, etc but it's in the middle of the nug when broken in two pieces, so again I'm confused. Sorry I kind of rambled I'm pretty high.
    Also, it smoked great and tasted good too but I'm still not sure if its gross to smoke

Anyone have an explanation or a similar occurrence? I'd like to know because I don't really wanna smoke it. Thanks for reading.

2. you really should know better than to post this without a pic lol

3. I know I was gonna add one in a minute haha.

4. Yup happened to me before to I have no clue what it is I thought spider mites since it was a nick knack patty wack(shwag)

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 DankSmoker2181, Apr 9, 2014
    how does it smell? if it taste good it should be fine. 

6. Smells good but a weird after-smell i guess.

7. Picture?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Very interested in seeing this!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 aToker, Apr 9, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397063127.714766.jpg
    Middle of nug ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397063152.197771.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Looks like animal hair bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. @[member="OneShotPOW"] @[member="ByBySucker"]

12. I know but on the inside of the nug :confused_2:

13.  i think it's probably a hemp fiber from the stem or something. I know it's not "hemp" since it's weed, but that's the only way i know how to describe it.

14. I've had some bud that had similar looking stuff, but it wasn't a hair. It looked like little pieces of plastic wrapped inside the bud or something, very strange shit. And its happened on more than one occasion, itll be really good weed and then it looks as if strands of plastic are on the outside and I have to pluck em off because idk what the fuck it is. Its happened maybe like 5 times in the last couple years, real random, but it could just be some sort of fiber

15. When you say middle of nug though do you mean you literally broke a nug in half and the hair was there or you took the nug off the stem? If you took the nug off the stem then it's most likely animal hair that got trapped in one of the colas

If it was literally inside the nug then I'm not sure..i would just smoke it lol if there's anything in there the flame should kill most of it off..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Did you feel sick or anything after you smoked it? And this bud is really good, crytsals everywhere and gets you way up there.

17. Inside.. my friend had the same bud and noticed too!... i've smoked like a gram of it and feel fine.

18. No I never felt sick, it was always great bud, cured properly and smoked great and got me blazed.
    I wish I had a pic of it, its weird.
    It really just looks like little plastic hairs or something, and they shine too. I always plucked that shit off.
    I dont know how any plastic would end up on the bud the way im describing, so that blade that mentioned some sort of fiber, that would make sense.

19. Thanks for replying.. I'm gonna smoke on it now without the paranoia lol

20. Yeah just make sure you remove all of it before smoking anymore