white fluff stuff growing on my buds plz help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jungle jim, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Seems strange that only one of my plants seems to have got this white fluff growing on the buds n leaves. If i split a bud upon its on the bud but its brilliant white. Will up pic if u want to see.

The plant has just transistioned from clear to milky so almost ready to cut. Is this white fluff growing mold ? N is it gona safe to smoke

2. #2 DopeyD, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    Sounds like mold to me mate, pic's would help greatly! In the first instance chop that bit out asap to stop it spreading.

And noooo don't smoke mold, shit can make you sick.

3. Bugger me,its more or less on all the bud but only on the surface so i can wipe it off. Can't seem to up load pic from my Samsung ace phone. So have to wait till morning n i'll up load some.

4. Doesn't sound good to me, not gonna lie, might be wrong though, really need to see to say for sure. Didn't you say when you split open a bud it's all white inside?

5. Yer i took some pics so u'll see what i mean Will public load tomorrow

6. Definitely sounds like mold - you're not going to want to smoke it.

Just scraping what you see off isn't going to do much good. For what you can see, there's a great deal more spores that you can't see.

How much of the plant is effected? It's possible you could just remove the effected buds and let the rest finish, but if the area it's in is too humid there's only so much you can do. It's very important to pick mold-resistant (well, all-around resilient are best outdoors) strains if you're growing in higher humidity environments.

IMO, the best thing to do would be to make hash (after it's dried), and then make edibles with that. Don't smoke that stuff, though.

7. heres some pics of the damaged plant; what you think, shes kc brian 36

Attached Files:

8. It's either mold or fungus bro.. dont smoke it, it's bad for you send it to me..

9. Gona make ether hash or attempt to make oil with the infected parts of her,

10. ya might wanna save her bro harvest her if it gettin progressively worse dont wanna lose those budz

11. #11 cobound420, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
    Mix a half tea spoon of dish soap and a table spoon of baking soda to a gallon of water spray the plants all over on top and underneath but don't do this until you have cut all the white off and after you have done all this wait until the next day and as soon as lights come on spray the leaves with distilled water once a day to prevent it coming back

12. The same thing happened to me pretty sure it's mold

13. #13 falcon10911, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    Cut it down, gently submerge in a distilled watrr & peroxide bath then make hash using alcohol as a solvent. One of the only salvage methods i have heard of. Jorge Cervantes has a video on youtube with a brief methodology.

14. White fly can be highly contagious and spread to all the plants you sure it ain't that ?