Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

White Bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Opiumchild, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Saw this on another website, photoshopped? or real? what do ya think?

1287550267851.jpg

2. Yeah right, i have a batch of that right now that i grew my self. I had to grow it in my basement using a blacklight and a 5 month cycle. Pics to come soon

3. Sure thing buddy.

4. Lol suuure

5. #6 byob2smoke, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
    well i've seen blood red bud before... never pure white... dont think its possible on a genetic scale...

lol blacklight... sigh... I hope that was a joke.

6. it looks like photoshoped ice.

but it think if you had a grow inside a fridge/freezer with really low temps you might be able to like halt photo color. but it may grow, but thats usually how blue and super dark blue, almost black happens.

7. [​IMG]

8. Yeah thats pretty much what i did:devious: . But anyways that looks photo shopped, cant take a picture, camera broken.

9. yeah your camera is broken sure....

10. :(

yeah im just kiddin dont have white bud, that would be cool though.

11. Lol people took that tooo serious. I tried looking for another pic someone posted a bit ago of someone holdin bud in their hand, with like 5 white nugs. Idk looks kinda legit but im not a photoshop master lol.

I've heard that parts of a bud can turn bleached white from lights??, but a whole bud like that I highly doubt it.

12. it bleaches at like 50,000 lumens or something rediculous.

maybe like a freezer grow with like two 1000 watts on one plant might bleach it enough to make it white, but the cold would make it blue ish.

so i beleive NO color with plant cells is not possible.

unless its an albino genetic which could happen.

maybe... i dunno im baked.

13. If it were albino, though, it wouldn't be able to grow without chlorophyll, unless it were spliced to another plant. That's how moon cacti work - it's actually a cactus with a mutation wherein it lacks chlorophyll, spliced to a normal dragonfruit cactus:

[​IMG]

Eventually the cacti grow at different rates and the top one falls off and dies. Sad :(

14. Unfortunately whoever thinks thats fake it is not fake, it is a method of growing called hash tipping look it up you have to use a light that emits a certain light spectrum i believe it was like 500 nanometer red there is an article in the latest high times, it explains how to do it look it up.

15. Yeah it certainly isn't fake.

Such a small piece of the bud like that could totally be white like that. It's probablly a strain that's really really light green to begin with.

16. It could be a variable mutation that was isolated, but im no bio expert:rolleyes:

17. :D
    Albinism stems from the mitochondria DNA in our cells, plant cells do not contain mitochondria.....

18. Albino plants die before producing seeds anyways, so he's kind of completely off base:D