Whiskey Time

Discussion in 'General' started by AggieSmoker, Dec 3, 2003.

?

Favorite Whiskey

1. Crown Royal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jack Daniels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Johhny Walker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Southern Comfort

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kentucky Delight/Sunny Brooke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wild Turkey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Makers Mark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Knob Creek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Evan Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I drink vodka because I cant take whiskey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sid, I honestly can't say I've heard of a lot of those, but I also hear the whiskey ya get over there is better. I dunno, but I am partial to Crown Royal because it's not so bad on my stomach as most other whiskey, and it tastes really smooth. Haven't tried a lot of imports, tho, but I believe Crown Royal is Canadian whiskey...

I've also had some whiskey aged 15 years that was excellent.

2. My favorite Whiskey is Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch 15 years. Its is wonderful.

Color: Deep, rich gold.

Nose: Mildly smokey, toasty and pleasantly sweet, like new hay.

Body: Full bodied, suave.

Palate: Zesty oak and warm peat smoke top notes,with sweet undertones reminiscent of fresh nutmeg and toasted almonds. Faintly salty.

Finish: Prolonged resonance, mellow and utterly distinctive.

You get a lot more then you pay for. Its only about $65 a bottle online. About $100 a bottle in a liquor store. Its worth every penny.

3. still sticking with my cheap ass ten high most of the time. I recently discovered the wonder of wild turkey 101. I think I may like that better than Jack.

4. damn.......i can pick up a bottle of Laphroaig for like £20-£30, that's like maybe $40-60............$100 gee, that's expensive, we have a lot of small distillers as well, with some beautifull whiskies..........Peace out.........Sid

5. I see a couple of bourbons on the list. The distinction between bourbon and whiskey is just as important as the one between scotch and whiskey; all three taste quite different.

As for personal preference, I'm going to have to go with a few not on the list:

Woodford Reserve
    Basil Hayden 8 Yr.
    A.H. Hirsch Reserve 16 Yr.
    Maker's Mark (My vote in the poll. It's cheaper than the others I've listed, and it's damn tasty!)

I'm from Kentucky originally, so I've had access to a great number of different types of bourbon. To all of the people who said that they enjoyed Jack Daniel's, we call it "Tennessee pondwater" where I'm from. :D Get a real drink; pick up a Kentucky bourbon instead!