Which would be better in yalls opinion??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Slammer, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Ok I'm growing 2 plants at a time in 2x4 tent now with a "600w" Viparspectra LED. Wanting to upgrade in size to a 4x4 tent and start doing 4 plants. Would it be better to just get another 600w led and do 2 plants for each or get a 1200W LED for the 4x4??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 A guy, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Viparspectra suggests that the V600 covers about 2.5'x2.5' in flower stage, which for a square ~270w light fixture I can believe. With that in mind I don't think a second V600 would give you enough coverage if you're going grow 4 plants.

Are you happy with your two plants under the one V600? It'd be safe to say that four plants under two V600s would do about as well (maybe a bit better from the cross lighting) as two plants under one V600.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Well I'm happy with my plants, I feel like obviously more light would make them better, and I thought about the cross lighting maybe helping out enough. But still just on the fence. Of course it will help my wallet to buy just another 600. But I may could stretch it out if I got a lot of ppl telling me the 1200 would be best route to take, I have just seen and heard some ppl say 2 separate lights are a little better than one big one. I just don't know yet. Here's my plants now under the 600. They're in Coco in 3 gallon smart pots. I also only grow Autos (for now) Grape Walker Kush strand and Stilton special from Mephisto Genetics.

. [​IMG] . [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ya well if you're happy with what you've got, sounds like doubling everything would work for you. If you don't feel lacking in any of your plants for coverage then sounds like the second V600 would be fine. The V1200 is less than twice the V600 so I would guess it'd do worse than two V600. I'm a fan of more than one light source.

I tend to grow SCROG style so coverage in every part of the plain is more important for me. My Mars 1600 (~740w draw) fixture provides decent coverage as described (~4x4) in their specs.

5. if $ is a concern just double what you already have. The plants look great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I love Viparspectra and I suggest getting the "par 600" no need for a 1200 for 4 autos. The only reason I would recommend the 1200 is if you wanted to have one veg tent and one flower tent. But if you are only running autos than there is no need for that. So stick with the "double what you got" plan

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1