Which Temp reading is accurate?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mjr99, Nov 11, 2009.

1. If i stick my thermometer directly under my ac'd 600 i get 99 (20" below hood):

[​IMG]

If i stick it in the same spot but with a piece of aluminum foil placed gentle over top of it like this i get:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other thermometer in the corner of the tent out or the light reads 85:

[​IMG]

How big of a problem do i have?

Also, how much would one of these drop my temps:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Uhhm, logically i would go with the first pictures reading, in the same sense I don't think a rag draped over the hood will make any difference what so ever.

3. Actually, the ambient temp is the 89, but if you don't have a fan going across the plants under the hot light your plants will feel the 90whatever. Your temps are pretty high man, what kind of inline are you using and how is it vented?

4. #4 mjr99, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009

Im using two stanley blowers (310 cfm), one for the 400w and one for the 600w. The 600 is sealed and im bringing in room temp air (75) to cool it. The 400 has a carbon filter attached to it. I have a shitload of bends, climbs and drops in my ducting which are killing me i think. Im growing out of a tent. I cant get a portable AC because of power restraints and i cant open the window because of stealth. Here are a few ideas im kicking around. Tell me what you guys think if you dont mind.

- Uprgrade my fans. The stanleys are rated at 310 cfm but ive modified them quite a bit with attachments. Im considering the 440 cfm inline fans from htg for $101 a piece. http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=52583

- Add a "T" duct adaptor between my filter and 400w and pump in some cooler air to blow across the bulb.

- Lastly, cut a hole in my floor and get air from the crawl space. This idea i hate for a number of reason and i would probably just leave my tent doors open before i did it.

Thanks!