Which Strain To Choose or Outdoor Growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Panic_Upset, Jan 2, 2009.

1. #1 Panic_Upset, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
    Hi All,

I am a relatively new to outdoor growing (2nd year). On the other hand, I have about 15 years of experience with indoor growing. Anyways, "if I were to grow" an outdoor strain for high yield production what would it be? Also, which are of higher yielding and of decent quality? Also, if anyone has and specifics such as grams per square yard, benefits of their genetics (i.e particularly resistant to mold or mites/pests), quality and taste of product, ease of maintenance, approximate growth to harvest time, etc. . Any strain(s) you could suggest would be super helpful! Thanks in advance for your help fellow growers.

OH YEAH , Perhaps the crop would be grown in Central Virginia.

Until next time, Smoke another one bro ...

2. I've heard the Northern Light strains are easy to grow outdoors with high yields...

Thats what I'm going to be bying my first season

3. I used Big Bud as my indoor strain with a few mods. I thought it wasnt very viable for outdoor growing.

4. A bud of mine in Spain has a 4 footer outside. dunno

5. Here on the Spanish Mediterranean coast the growing season is hot, dry and sunny, any strain will do well.

6. Hum ... Its an awesome strain. Last year I cleared an average of 600 grams each from my indoor ladies. :smoke:

7. I have to admit to not looking where you were from when I answered.

Blame that damn hundu kush :smoke: Where you are Blue Ridge Mtn's have hot 100+ summer and humid days. I've been to the race track in near jefferson's estate a few times.

8. #9 Panic_Upset, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
    I will be more than willing to blame/burn that hundu kush with you ...:smoke: Any more suggestions for my particular region? I live just south of the track. Only 30+/- from there.

9. damn thats nice.. How long of veg? with big bud? how was quality?

10. Yeah it was Big Bud x with super secret ;) 7th generation mother that I've had for many years. I call her Cruella after my first wife. Her name perhaps was not Cruella Deville but sure as hell did she act the part :D. I believe that I personally supported the Jack Daniels Distillery during the course of my divorce. Anyways last seasons indoor beauties had an odd 13 weeks of veg. I kinda made it that way by forcing the flowering cycle to extend a couple extra weeks. Anyways it was an above average high commercial product, also exceptional buds for packaging. I hate people that pack Big Bud into bricks. I take pride in my work, and package differently. Last season I, grew 28 plants and all I can say is "BANK":D. Anyways, I'm still looking for a good high yield and decent quality outdoor strain.

Till Next Time - "Smoke Another One Bro."

11. #12 Dr Lowtie, Jan 3, 2009
    Skunk #1, but i have never grown it in high humidity like virgina. I fuggin hate humidity;)
    Edit: i grew this in a month of 90-100+ degree days did great, needs water though

12. Try GHS White Widow. Powerful and finishes early.

13. #14 shlongfingers, Jan 3, 2009
    Northern Lights :hello: That is gonna be my outdoor grow this coming season very reliable and tough so im told but my summers aren't as humid or hot as yours still NL is a very strong strain

14. On second thought Old Pork says WW and he is a beast at outdoor grows:smoke:

15. yeah i would have to agree on that, or some type of a big haze, like a nirvana haze.

16. I have had Big Bud and Kiwi 2 Pounder both recommended to me for our area (hot, dry summers). Gonna try both this year and see how they do.

17. #19 cantharis, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
    I have Kiwiseeds 2 pounder ready for this year.
    Along with my old staple White Widow - still have over 120 seeds of that.
    A cross between them might be fun for 2010 - God willing.

18. Yeah VA is HUMID AS HELL during grow season. Even worse I live on the river. Yeah I'm pretty familiar with N. Lights and I am considering it but I also really need high volume. Biz is booming and I need as much as possible. HE HE :D ! Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out if Big Bud can really do well outside? If anyone has exp. with it PLEASE tell me! I really need some specific details. I might also grow some white widow for my personal needs ...:ey: