Which strain to choose for solarium

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 187life, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hi
    i am planning growing about 5 plants in my solarium.
    Max high is somewhat 2.3meters.

Which strain should I choose?
    Its for pursonal use, quantaty over quality.
    I am totally new, so something easy is appreciated. (autoflowering?)
    should I worry about smell too much? The solarium is attached directly to the house. Next neighbor is 15meters away

thanks in advance and excuss my noobness

2. Quantity over quality? That's kinda backwards thinking if it's for personal use.. blue dream was my first grow and it wasn't hard and had a decent yield. But honestly most people over complicate growing or make it sound harder than it is. As long as you have a good light source, good soil and good water you can grow a nice plant. Keep it simple for your first grow and get a good grasp of the basics.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I meant it like 'ok quality, ok quantaty'.

regarding light source: I wanted to only use the sun.
    That solarium gets sun nearly all the day, and plants are a bit hidden as I have normal other plants there as well.

will i have to worry a about the smell?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 chasejordon, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    yes, it will smell when they start to flower. my babes are 5 week old autos and i haven't smelled anything yet, but i've been warned and seen it first hand. if you're worried about smell, try to find a strain that isn't too smelly. or you'll have to look into a carbon filter. if you don't have an exhaust system, you can rig a carbon filter up with a fan and that'll pretty much do the job. if you find the seeds online (gyo.green is a very discreet website and you always get at least 1 free seed) then make sure you find one that's characterized as short, or it might overgrow that 2 meters. if you're not choosing your seeds or want a strain that's a little taller, you can always perform some LST (low stress training) to keep the height short, you can google more information about how to do that. autoflowers are awesome for their short life span, but also are very unforgiving with mistakes, which is almost inevitable with your first grow. i learned the hard way. make sure you have a very airy soil, with at least 20% perlite, my plants are dying from oxygen starvation. make sure you have good drainage (another thing perlite is great for) you don't want your soil to have very many wood chips, they hold water. either use a fabric smart pot or make sure that the bottom of pot has plenty of holes, and that the pot will not be sitting in any of the run off. also if you do an auto make sure you don't get too hot (full of nutrients) of a soil, autoflowers are sensitive to nutrients. want to stay away from time release nutrients in soils such as miracle grow. if you can find something that says light mix, something with a lower NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) would be best. you can find NPK label usually on all soil packages and fertilizers, it'll be in the form 0-0-0. you're looking for low numbers. but it's not a big deal to mix a hotter soil with a seed starting mix or something light. i'm mixing my next grow with 1/3 happy frog, 1/3 light warrior seed starter and 1/3 perlite. don't forget the perlite!! good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. If they are 5 weeks old and dont smell i think there might be something wrong.... They should be a few weeks into flower and should smell for sure.

6. dude my plants are fuckkkkkkedddd, stunted and dying almost their roots have no oxygen. so they aren't really a good comparison. Crystal Meth Auto & Skunk #1 Auto and they do have a smell, but it's not skunk. they smell like plants.