Which religion is "right"? How do I know??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lan_lo, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Id have to say this is the best explanation. Or the best acceptance anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind right away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #23 tagteam1, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    The same can be said about all other doctrines in every religion. I believe that only on the surface are the Holy books of all religions wrong. Example of this is the literal interpretation of the Bible and the Koran. It's because of those literal interpretations that has caused so many wars throughout history without the understanding that those stories are about internal development of one's soul. The other religions that use names that are given of the God heads is just a way for people to identify with the different energies of the divine. But at the core even though the writings may be different the meaning is the same with the goal of connection. That's just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Most religious believers were indoctrinated by their parents. It is why people in India tend to become Hindu, people in Saudi Arabia become Muslims etc. If people all around the world were to stop indoctrinating their children with religious beliefs, I think it would become something that only a tiny percentage of the population make conscious choice to believe.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #25 Quantary, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    The purest and most beautiful religion in my opinion is all forms of animism. Many indigenous people around the world still practice it. I like the idea that everything has a spirit - animals, bodies of water, plants, even mountains and geographic features.

Animism is considered to be one of the first practiced by humans, a "primitive" religion. But most of the world's problems have been caused by distancing ourselves from the natural world. If we respected nature more we wouldn't be cutting down forests, turning the oceans and rivers into sewers and the land into a toxic garbage dump.

It turns out our early ancestors were right all along. "Everything is God" can be construed as another way of saying that everything has a spirit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. The answer to the meaning of life.

7. As a soon-to-be physics professor I have to comment on this lol. The "science explanations" are correct. I'm not saying they discount a God (but they 99.99999% likely do), but they are factually correct. Too many people don't understand a single thing about the big bang and simply assume it makes no sense. How many novels have you read about it? How many hours, days, weeks, years have you spent researching it? It is an extremely plausible explanation for how an entire universe could have came into being.

8. The meaning of life is the one you give your life. But about the religion, you don't have to have one, just believe. If you want to believe in religion, if that's best for you then go ahead lol

9. The meaning of all life is procreation. to reproduce and multiply regardless of religion.

10. Meaning and purpose are two different things.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #31 Grumbledore, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    But life has no purpose without meaning and meaning without purpose

• Like Like x 1
  12. There is no god. It's scientifically proven as in evidence 100%. A god would not make paedophiles and rapist and have half of his creations living in poverty. I mean ganesh for example, an 8 armed elephant. Really? 3 necked giraffe next

13. None of them. All of them. Most borrow heavily from one another

14. Would you care to share this scientific evidence?

AFAIK, there have been no definitive facts offered by anyone that proves/disproves the existence of the "divine".

It is why I am agnostic, and anti-doctrinal.

• Like Like x 2
  15. No religion can ever be correct, it was in itself created by man.

You can see it as an inherent fault.

But there is another viewpoint of religion, oneself as the creator.

16. Yeah I don't have any notes on me right now lol. It's called evolution. I would like to believe that their is a god but there just isn't plain and simple. If believing gives you peace or helps you feel closer to lost loved ones then I see nothing wrong with that at all.

17. Aaah. Evolutionary theory has it's own downfalls, does it not? What about the "missing link"?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Truth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Again, another silly misconception. Evolution obviously happened. Please people, for the love of God do not even attempt to refute it because it happened. How in the hell do you think we went from being single celled organisms 4 billion years ago to becoming human beings? Magic? No. Slowly yet surely over millions of years single cellular became multicellular, which became very small aquatic life, which over millions of years grew slowly yet surely until it was out of the water. Then, life began to flourish on land and the process continued for a few billion years until we got the dinosaurs, and so on and so forth. When you people talk about holes in the fossil record, i cant help but answer: What the hell did you expect? Did you think we would just easily find every single fossil from hundreds of millions of years ago to fill in these so called "gaps?" That is absolutely absurd!

20. Doesn't necessarily mean "God" though, does it?

Not to me, anyways... ;)