Which religion is "right"? How do I know??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lan_lo, Mar 30, 2017.

1. I searched for anything similar to this and didn't find anything lol so here goes...basically...what's the meaning of life I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. No one knows. if you found, let me know about it too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. life is what you make of it. so in my opinion the meaning of life is what ever you feel is right.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The meaning of life is to enjoy your time until you die.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The one with the finest females in the room or the most cash.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Why not just create your own?

You could be god!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Well, paganism / shamanism were among some of the first religions. I guess since they are the oldest, and are still around, that makes them "right"?

Nobody knows for sure though man, and anyone claiming different is selling something.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. But don't you ever wonder how did everything come about, what is the reason, what happens when we die? Idk why but I've been thinking about it a lot

9. #9 IDTENT, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    I am comfortable accepting that I simply do not know what will become of me once I die. We might one day discover, with science and philosophy, what really happens once we die. I believe though that the true answers will come from logical, evidence based reasoning, and not from religious scripture. There is zero evidence to support the existence of any god, of any religion.

When we die, the atoms that our body was made of do not disappear. As our body rots away, our own bodily atoms mix with those of planet Earth. These atoms could, by mere chance, help form part of the dirt, a rock, or even a new form of life like a tree or person. We are all made of reusable material. This is why I consider death as much a transition as an end. Life appears to be finite, but our material existence is infinite because matter/energy can neither be created or destroyed. The universe and us are ultimately one and the same.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Everything came to from imploding and exploding stars, our lives are rather pointless but valuable nonetheless.

Its a trivial thing being curious about where we go when we die, everyone knows in the ground or turned to ashes but most people are more curious about where our spiritual soul will end up, that I feel doesn't exist.

At death I believe things will go blank and will be forever nothing more nothing less. Most like to believe in a wonderful heaven and a torturous hell, that is just too unfair given the vast amounts of different religions and rules implied by them.

What is your beliefs and why has your mind been troubled with thoughts of death and after life, I hope you are not thinking of anything rash.

• Like Like x 1
  11. None of the religions have it all "right." However there are some key indicators of those that are complete bullshit.

Claims to be the one and only true religion and has as a goal the conversion of everyone to their way of thinking

Members don't associate with non-believers of their religion and considers them a lesser form of human or even inhuman

Doesn't allow its members to question any beliefs, and subjects those who do so to all forms of punishment, including death

Sees no issues with the integration of government and religious institutions

Unequal rights given to women

Relies on ancient texts which have been cobbled together and translated many times over, with no concession to modern society

Promises an afterlife much better than this one if you "die for the cause" or just believe

Instead of being a force for good, religious conflicts may bring about our destruction. We need to wipe the slate clean. The universe will eventually do that, but it would be nice to see what mankind could be without the albatross of religion around its neck.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well I've honestly just been wondering because I've always been religious. Christian to be exact. And recently I've just been wondering, who's to say that the Bible wasn't just written by someone a long time ago as a compilation of stories or something. There's really no proof to say that there is a "truth" but the science explanations aren't even plausible to me...a Big Bang...really? I don't think so. Something had to of made life and living things...everything is so perfectly placed in order it seems like. Even down to the molecules that we can't see lol just trying to figure it out. I know I won't be able to but who knows what I'll find out along the way I guess.

14. Nobody believes in "God" when they are born...

Indoctrination. What'a bitch...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Every religion is right. Find what makes you feel the best, what you're most comfortable with you know? I believe beryl religion is valid so whichever anyone wants to follow is fine with me. I claim "Christian-Buddhist" which really took me years to figure out and it's just what's good by me. Do what feels right and don't feel pressured to find that right now. Take your time :)

16. The big bang theory is not about creation. Definitely not the type of "creation" that religious believers speak of.

If we look at how all the stars and galaxies in the universe are moving, it seems clear that they all originate from the same point. The universe (as we know it) was formed when this point expanded. I don't think it is right to say that this was when the universe was "created". It is, rather, just a way of explaining how the universe adopted it's current form. It only did so with energy/matter that already existed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. asking this question to garner the variety in psyche of the human specimen

• Like Like x 2
  18. Haha basically right? Bc no one knows when it really comes down to it. Not a single person knows the "truth" or if there is one at all lol

19. #19 Perpetual Burn, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Everything IS God.

Indoctrination made it a debate.

---

All religions have their wisdom and confusion...

Take what's food from them, discard what is bad...

Do not submit to all dogma... but do not reject all dogma...

Let God in your heart and everything else will fall into place.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Each are tailored for the region they exist. They are all the exact same thing minus whatever the spaghetti monster looks like.

IMO long ago shit was fucked up to the point where inbreeding was creating some really ugly people so beautiful smart people made rules or as I call them morals so people looked half decent.