Which pump for 3 site rdwc?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Canitober, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Hey guys. I am about to buy all of the parts to put together a DIY undercurrent rdwc.

I'll have 3x 8 gallon EZ store containers in my 4x4 tent. I'll have 2 waterfalls - one in each plant site, and the water return will pull from the control reservoir, and pump up/into the 2 sites. I'll be using 3/4" fittings and black hose for the waterfalls.

I would like a good amount of water movement, but also to be somewhat quiet. These facts in mind, I need to know which pump to get. Is 597 gph overkill? Should I be looking more in the 400ish range?

Any advice and wisdom sharing is greatly appreciated!

2. I used 1/2" for the feed, or waterfall, lines and one inch for return. 400 gph worked fine for me until I added a chiller. Still works, just not as much flow as before the chiller, but it's still ok. Didn't hear my pump as it was submerged in the reservoir and the water going into the buckets made negligible sound. My fans drowned out everything else. What size return lines are you using?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Awesome, thanks for your input!

I was going to use the 3/4" for return line also back to the pump. The 2 sites and control res will be connected together with 2" bulk heads and PVC, and then a 3/4" return will come off of the control res and fee the pump, with 2 waterfalls off of the pump back into the 2 plant sites. I've attached a crude depiction of items and water flow in case it helps.

Since I don't have a chiller (and I'm trying to keep temps in check without one), I'm wondering if a 590 gph is overkill considering all above facts.[​IMG]