Which plant for a first time grower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gimmeaporsche, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Ok I am gonna be going to the hydro store soon to pick up my growing supplies. Now all I need to do is pick out the strain I am gonna grow.

I am looking for a that is a hybrid, shorter, and a high yielder.

So what do yall blades suggest?

2. That's kind of a hard question to answer...are you using soil or hydro? Do you want more of an indica or sativa? How much space do you have to work with? How many plants do you want? Will you be doing ScrOG? I have some ideas, but all of these questions are pretty important...

3. Hmm sorry bout that I was really tired when I posted this. it is going to be done in soil. The area is gonna be fairly small. 5ftx5ft. Does not matter which charestic is more dominent. I am gonna grow four plants. I do not plan on ScrOGing really for my first grow.

4. I have been looking at a company called Mandala Seeds recently, since their prices are beyond reasonable and their strains are very heat and disease resistant as they have mainly landrace genetics. So, here are a couple from them:
    http://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/kalichakra1.html
    --does well in SCRoG if you decide to go after it (it's really not that difficult, but its up to you), and fertilizer is optional so you don't have to mess around with it much, which makes first-time growing easier. They also do not grow very tall (I don't know how much height you have...)
    http://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/speed_queen2.html
    --The Speed Queen has a short height if space is limited and the taste sounds pretty delicious. Once again, fertilize lightly-that's the beauty of Mandalas plants.

Also, you could try White Widow--a very easy strain, with a short stature and extremely potent; Big Bud is an extremely high producer and fairly short as well, but you may need to support it as it grows so you don't get any broken branches and premature buds to harvest :(; Carmelicious is another strain I've been looking at...expensive, but if costs aren't an issue it would be a good choice. Short, indica-sativa and good for beginners.

I'm really excited to try out Mandala, so that would be my first suggestion just because the price, potency, yield, and hardiness is supposedly excellent in all of their strains. Good luck man, I hope I could help you out! Let me know what you think of them all!
    cheers :smoking:

5. Try northern lights. Bushy, yields are good and the plant is not too picky. My WW is at the 6ft mark at the 4th week of flowering..lol!

6. Hahaha Well, I guess that's one downside of a hybrid--you can get indica or sativa traits :D Northern Lights is also an excellent choice. SUPER tasty, nice recommendation! I have seen White Widows fit into a small space before. Like I said earlier, I dont know how much height you're working with, but if it is a low ceiling you may have to train/bend your plants or seriously consider SCRoG...

I'm still partial on the Mandala plants...with pictures of bud like that at unbeatable prices, it's hard to lose...also, if youre working with a small space where heat can be an issue, all of Mandala's strains are heat-tolerant so you don't have to worry about it as much!

7. Congrats by the way, that should be an outstanding harvest! :hello::smoke:

8. I would sprout and veg a few bagseeds before you ruin expensive seeds on a first attempt.

-C

9. In my search the 2 I heard most often were WW and NL#5- so that's what I got coming.

10. Something Indica or mostly Indica for sure. Sativas tend to have a longer flowering times, thus leaving a larger margin of error. Northern Lights is a great plant for a semi-skilled, semi-learned grower. Great for stealth gardens as well, because the smell has been breed out of it! Very stable plant if seeds are purchased from a reputable breeder. IMO Much Love.

11. Thankyou! I'm aiming for a QP.:) The Nirvana WW is 60/40 Sativa dominant. Different from other seed bank WW's. She started w/ indica traits, Bushy and large fan leaves but after 12/12 she shot up like no other. I guess she loves the 400w HPS to herself.:smoke:

12. I grew out some WW for my first grow in the same size space you have...popped 10seeds and 9/10 were females, great times(never had that ratio since)I topped mine and they stayed shorter, but hell Im short and I hate to drag the step stool in the room lol.