Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which pipe?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by whitekidstoner, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Hey, i'm looking for a pipe, i think. A friend told me that joint wasted more thc than bongs and pipes. I have a medical reason for smoking, so i often smoke alone. Ive been looking at bongs, but they are expensive, and i don't have alot of money since i'm a student. So i started to look at pipes, and i realized i have no idea what i'm supposed to look for.

I love smoking bongs, but i have to buy i pipe first, so do you have any reconciliations? something that does not waste a lot of weed, and is comfortable to smoke from :)

2. Chillum, about 15$ and they rip pretty hard bro

3. I would just go with a standard spoon. They're usually 10+ bucks and get the job done well.

4. Grass City (as well as your local headshop, assuming they aren't total scam artists) has $12 - $15, glass on glass mini bubblers... those at the GC shop just provide the most simple, and basic water filtration, but they are all glass, and for a very reasonable price.. it's sometimes tough to find a half-decent dry hand pipe for that cost. :p

And if you decide you don't dig the water, just don't use any.. at the very least, it's a good way to see what you do like, before spending too much money. :)

5. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']Grass City (as well as your local headshop, assuming they aren't total scam artists) has $12 - $15, glass on glass mini bubblers... those at the GC shop just provide the most simple, and basic water filtration, but they are all glass, and for a very reasonable price.. it's sometimes tough to find a half-decent dry hand pipe for that cost. :p

And if you decide you don't dig the water, just don't use any.. at the very least, it's a good way to see what you do like, before spending too much money. :)[/quote]

Yeah she's right a bubbler would be a good start, it's right in between a pipe and a bong and they have some nice ones for good prices on this site.

6. At most local headshops you can find a cheap 5-10 dollar spoon or bubbler. I would go with a nice 20 dollar bubbler, one that's not to small. You can use it with or without water so its an all aroun choice piece.

7. Just get a cheap glass piece from your LHS (local head shop) or a gas station run by Arabs near your home.
    Oooorrr, invest in a cheap bubbler, it's like half pipe/half bong- best of both worlds:D

8. #8 Thessentials, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
    Do not buy a pipe! I just bought an acrylic bong and pimped the shit out of it. It hits like a champ. Obviously not glass status but whatevs.

Acrylic bong: 15$
    Bowl Piece (optional): 7-15$

Eject-A-Bowl (optional): 24-32$ My friend already bought this for me. I actually didn't know they were this expensive. Thanks man!

Glass Beads (think fishbowl): 5$

Okay, now drill holes (about 8; 2 layers staggered) around the bottom of the plastic downstem. Now you have a fucking diffused down-stem with extra diffusalawesomeness due to the glass beads. If you buy a glass bowl, you are pretty much 3/4ths of the way to having a glass bong with just that alone.

Tl;dr:

Quality glass pipe: 15-40$
    Pimped out bong (assuming most expensive bowl piece): 35$

9. Okay, i have decided! Is this a good bubbler? bubbler
    I think i'm going to order that one, and a spoon! Good, or no?