Which light to use

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by josgrow, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I currently have 2 blue cheese and 2 W.W. Under 8 2' T5s (200+watts) my grow space is 2'x3. I am using soil. I have 4" ventalation ducts if needed. My original thoughts were to use a 250 watt hps cool tube with digital ballast. Maybe t5 or CFL are better. Right next to the grow is my fish tank with 1000+ watts MH lighting and heat is an issue in this area. The grow is seperated by 1/2 inch foam board only. I think I candeal with the heat but, I'm concerned about the power consumtion. I really want to maximize the plants potential. I have concidred changing the aquarium to fish only to rid of the lights needed for coral growth. Hard to decide I have had it for years. Please help me out with some options thanks in advance.

2. Go with the 250 HPS cool tube you are on the right track. You will be just under the 50 watt per square foot rule, so hang the flouros you already have on the walls vertically. IMHO you can't smoke coral can you? I would use the coral light to run a nice closet grow with a light mover if you have the space.

3. Good point! I'm using alot power for something to look at. Is the cool tube the way to go or a yeild master reflector with flanges for air ciculation

4. :smoking:which lights should i use how many watts should i use and is it gudd to use black lghts