Which Light Is Better?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Telebubbies, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Hey guys. I am deciding to upgrade from CFL (ewwww) to LED (yayyyy). Amazon isn't an option for me, as none of those LED lights ship to my country ):
    So I went on Ebay and found the following lights. Can you guys please share your honest opinions and let me know which one I should get? :)

I will have about 4 plants in a 70cmx70cm grow tent (mylar walls).

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plant | eBay

Mars 600W LED Grow Light Panel Lamp Hydro Full Spectrum Indoor Plant Veg Flower | eBay

Thanks in advance!

2. I strongly dislike Mars lights, but between those 2, Mars is definitely better

3. So viparspectra is no good?

4. Vipar is better for veg since they use more of a cooler color spectrum than Mars. Lighting in flowering is far more important tho, which is why Mars is a better choice.

5. If I get the Vipar for both flowering and veg, is that fine? Or will it yield poorly and lower potency? Or will the difference not be that much?
    Sometimes I feel like people over exaggerate lighting.. :/

6. Either one will work for both veg and flowering. The Mars light would give you a slightly better yield between the 2.

People are not exaggerating the importance of lighting, double your lighting and you'll most likely double your yield (to a certain point, which is where co2 would come into play.. let's the plant absorb more light than it otherwise would I believe?) But I digress.. more light= far better yields

7. Ok. So now what is better? a 400W HPS light with a bird wing reflector, or the viparspectra light? The HPS light with the reflector is about $20 cheaper, so price doesn't matter.
    What would you recommend?

8. Is the heat from the HID going to be manageable for you? If so, I'd personally choose the HID.
    If not, I'd get the Mars. (The vipar is also ~200 actual watts, the Mars is ~260 or so)