Which led lights should I use?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BlinkingCactus, Apr 4, 2018.

1. #1 BlinkingCactus, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Hey everyone,

My question is this, which led is going to work best for veg and which will work best for flowering? Black dog 200, kind 450 or the California 275w? Any help/guidenece would be much appreciated. Thank you

2. If you want led information, I recommend you ask Tbone Shuffle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. It's ok, I'll summon him!

@Tbone Shuffle

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. zztop.gif

5. all 3 brands will work but I wouldn't use any of them. Go COB or PCB style LED

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. yeah Tbone is the guy on the right playing the fur guitar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. He seems to know his shit but the real factor is how much are you willing to spend? If you have a fair few dollars go for quantum boards no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 BlinkingCactus, Apr 4, 2018
    I like the 5-700 per light range but I don’t want garbage. I’m not familiar with the cob or pcb.

9. #9 BlinkingCactus, Apr 4, 2018
    I can relate to tbone

10. If you're willing to DIY some really simple stuff QB's is actually one of the cheapest ways to go along with being one of the best.

You can build a 300+ watt 4 board qb132 fixture for less then $200. There really is not a reputable manufacturer of led grow lights in that price range per watt that is using high end leds in their fixture.

You don't need money to go quantum. Even their kits are not that much. About $1.25 or so a watt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's $133 + $84 for 300+ watts of top end equipment. I can get the driver price as low as $40 if you want other alternatives. Just building multiple versions of these fixtures is pretty economical.

12. #13 BlinkingCactus, Apr 4, 2018
    Thank you. Is there any soldering involved with these boards? Do you have a link on how to assemble or is it plug and play?

13. The boards have push in molex connectors. Be careful with them. They're for small wire and I have broken a few off. If you break one off you'll have to solder. The boards accept 20-16awg wire with 18awg solid core wire. probably being the best size for a tight fit and having good current carrying capacity.

The boards are 36 volts each.

The driver comes with just input and output wires on it. You'll have to splice on the male end from an extension cord onto the input of the driver. The output of the driver is just positive and negative. The toughest thing is going to be figuring out how to wire in series. It's easy.

Run the positive output of the driver to the positive input of the first board in series. Run the negative output of the driver to the negative terminal on the 4th board in the series. Then link the negative input of the first board to the postive input of the 2nd board. The negative input on the 2nd board goes to positive on the third board. Negative on the 3rd board goes to positive on the 4th board and you're done.

Wago lever connectors can be nice for making the output side connections easy. Get the correct size for 20-16awg wire.

14. Here's an example using single meanwell LRS-75-36's with two boards. Those drivers have screw terminals.
    [​IMG]

15. Congrats cactus on your way

16. #17 BlinkingCactus, Apr 4, 2018
    This is some great and I’m glad I posted here.. thank you. I’m lucky I have a decent hobby background with some McGiver thoughts ;) how many of these panels will I have to rig for 1 3/3?

17. It takes 4 boards to cover a 2x4 or a 3x3 area for bloom. It takes 8 boards to bloom a 4x4.

You can however veg a 4x4 excellent with only 4 boards. Get 4k for veg and 2700k for bloom.

18. This is one I advised a guy to build for a 5x5. It's 12 boards.
    [​IMG]

19. #20 BlinkingCactus, Apr 4, 2018
    It does get kinda pricy when you need four of those bad boys doesn’t it