Which is more important?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OpenThirdEye, Apr 26, 2012.

1. When growing, which is more important- the genetics of the seeds you use or the time/effort/skill you put forth into growing the crops? Is it possible to end up with above average, powerful buds from average seeds that receive optimum growing conditions? Or does the potency of the crop hinder more on which types of seeds that you use?

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Genetics dictates the maximum potency and yield possible by a plant and the growing conditions determine how close to those maximums the plants reach by harvest time. One plus for genetics is that growing conditions can usually be improved while genetics stay the same unless totally replaced.

3. both are equally as important in my opinion. but i would rather have perfect conditions and hopefully good seeds than shitty conditions and the best seeds.
    the best conditions however are not going to ever change the outcome of a plants genetics.

4. I think growing conditions are more important . Some bag seed under optimal conditions should produce more than some super genetic seed under poor conditions ...

5. Environment & knowledge dictates how much weed you'll get.

Genetics determine the quality of it.

6. Genetics will give you more potential, but that doesn't mean anything if you can't grow in a good environment.

Most bagseed you find isn't even that bad, just it was grown bad, pollinated, and handled poorly.

7. Exactly what Dissec said, in my opinion anyway.
    I lean more to growing conditions, even if you get top dollar seeds and you don't care for the plants you could end up with mids.

8. The way you grow, and your skill at growing DEFINITLY
    Although genetics are important, but if you are a skilled grower and you get some bag seeds the weed you grow from that really will be better than the weed you smoked that yhou got the seeds from.

Think of it this way, If you bought 5 fem'd Northern light seeds, and you think that because its good genetics you can be careless and not put 100% into the way you grow your going to get dank week, you would have been better off buying cheaper seeds.

This is realy a split 50/50 You should pick genetics that you favor, and not skimp out on this, but you also need to sharpen your skills!

My final answer is...BOTH ARE EQUALLY IMPORTANT :)

9. Thank You Everyone!

:0)