Which hps in refrigerator?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dankmarijuana, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Okay heres my newby set up bare with me trying to upgrade lol i have a 150whps an 2ft 4tube t5 in my customized refrigerator hydro set up the dimensions are 2 by 2 1/2 by 5 do you think a 400w hps would be ok in there heat wise because im already haveing slight problems with my 150w but i think its because the 150 has a built in ballest not to bad tho around 85 when lights on. Or should i just go ahead an save some more money to build a 4 by 4 grow room but if i do that i also have to buy inline fan an carbon filters because il have to switch location of room cant have it smellin in the other room lol. Which would be best / cheaper

2. The 400 will have an external ballast so that will help alot. I had a 150 in a small spot and had to take the ballast out which dropped the temps greatly.

3. Yea thats what i was thinking thanks

4. consider going LED if you can. you won't have the heat issues. and since you have to change bulbs every year (my hortilux 430W are about $90) and uee so much less power, the LED would pay for itself pretty quick.