Which bug ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SteadyEddie714, Mar 31, 2016.

1. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg First started seeing a few gnats so I applied Dm earth to my coco grow on Monday.

Woke up today to see damaged on some leaves. Do gnats eat through leafs?

2. I don't know bugs but I'd get some yellow stickies in there pronto so you can identify the little buggers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ah yes I forgot to mention when I put some Dm earth I also put a lot of yellow sticky traps

• Like Like x 1
  4. Subbed, I saw nats and now have holes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Does anyone have experience with spider mites ? I think that's what I have

6. It likely could just be a moth or something that got into your grow space. Every bug is not a "I'm going to mow down your plants bug." LOL The sticky traps should take care of it. But if you had spider mites, you would see webbing on the back of your leaves eventually...but they look a heck of a lot worse than that if they have spider mites. And....PRAY that you don't ever get them. They SUCK!! LOL TWW

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hi . Defo not mites as white widow said. Mites horrible things that can spread from crop to crop.. even by shoes if ya been to visit another mates crop and ya mate as em then mites will transfere by clothes shoes etc. But no mites any way. U may have a high catapiller sum where!!!! Ya could introduce preditors if u av more bug probs. Certain insects (like ladybugs)will eat the crop eatin bugs but the ladybugs(or other preditors) will not hurt ya plant at all. Good luck. Maybe hopefully a one off bug munch xxxx

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks fellas, I get over protective because they make my plant look so bad! lol

But I will keep applying DM earth and maybe get two or so lady bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Diatomaceous Earth huh. What do you do with that?

10. I just layer it ontop of my coco, let it dry a very small amount. It should kill the bugs on contact

• Like Like x 1
  11. So you sprinkle on the powder (de) on top of your Coco? Any dangers in this getting in buds.? I can't imagine it's good for the lungs.