Which approach to take with the six-pack

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by yoyoloto, Feb 3, 2014.

Your split looks okay, although i'd change the order in which you do certain exercises. For example on your back day do your deadlifts first, its such a big compound movement that starting out with them will mean you can put maximum energy into it and you won't be weak from other exercises. 

Also bro, I see your rep range is 12-10-8, which is fine if you're trying to work on your strength. But if you wanna put on some more size try lifting heavier weights at 10-8-6 reps.

2. Man. Nobody in the thread said " good job cutting calories." Most people said , "eat more." But you are eatin less than before; and before was 1500 calories? Alrighty then, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yes cardio (or any high intensity workout) is important

Without a strong heart, a strong body is useless

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. This morning at 72.5kg, slowly getting there. I'm gonna post my work out later today so you guys can see. There's also gonna be more cardio and abdominal work outs on free days as soon as my cold is cured. 

fat is the macro-nutrient that should make up the majority of your calories. like 50% or more

http://www.express.co.uk/news/health/438600/Eating-fat-is-good-for-you-Doctors-change-their-minds-after-40-years

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/high-fat-diet-healthy-safe/#axzz2swsocyvW

Interesting read, I won't keep the same eating habits when I move to maintenance mode. Right now though, my body's got excess fat and I'm around 21%, I got everything I need in my hips and tummy haha, especially since I'm mostly endomorph.

7. #47 fruitality, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014

maybe you should try to simulate paleolithic cutting

like some fasting now and then, and eating mostly meat and seeds.

the theory is that if you eat carbs, that signals your body to accumulate fat to store up energy for the winter when food will be scarce. since carbs mostly come from plants and they grow in warm weather.

Unless you're doing a keto diet or cycling carbs I wouldn't eat less than 150g of carbs a day. Don't listen to the people saying to keep those carbs super low. You can try it, but after a few days you'll realize your energy will be low. 150g a day for protein is probably good enough for you. There's debating articles everywhere about how much protein a person needs.

As for calories. I would start at around 1800 and after a week or 2 see what that brings you. Weigh yourself every few days and keep a log. Cutting too many calories out at once can set you up for some muscle loss. 

9. I prefer this approach
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXqeY7b2Uaw

10. #50 yoyoloto, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014

man you got me addicted to those guys, I even ended up watching random videos that have nothing to do with diet or work outs

Update : 71.9kg this morning, but I've been skipping work outs due to my illness. 

11. its actually not just a theory. Theyve proven in the lab that excessive carbs make you fat.

12. No one here is advocating cutting carbs.

Cutting refined sugars and wheat isnt cutting carbs.

We are just saying that you need to eat healthy carbs and keep blood sugar low.

There is a lot of science on the subject. If you eat a slice of bread, this can cause insulin spikes, whicj result in fat storage and the inability to burn fat.

Also 140g? Thats silly. 140g of carbs from a sanwhich and 140g of carbs from fruit and nuts have diferen glycemic indexes and affect weight gain differently.
    Also everyones body is different.

13. lol i guess theory like in the science sense? not a hypothesis